New Everton Stadium Discussion

Peel have been pushing for Chinese partners and investors for ages. I think Hammond (spit) was even trying to sell the Liverpool Waters vision to Chinese officials as an investment oppurtinity recently so this really isn't a surprise.

Just a guess, and what normally happens when it comes to stadium financing?

Kevin mein good frandel, let me ask you a little question.

Do banks lend money for, say, mortgages, because:

• they are kind hearted good people who just want to see you own your own home (or)
  • because they know that you'll pay back significantly more over the life time of the debt than you initially borrowed
So what they are doing is investing in the stadium build, knowing that they will get a significant return on their initial investment (interest on the mortgage over the 40 years or more plus initial capital). So yes, they are investing mate.

Kevin mein good frandel, let me ask you a little question.

Do banks lend money for, say, mortgages, because:

• they are kind hearted good people who just want to see you own your own home (or)
  • because they know that you'll pay back significantly more over the life time of the debt than you initially borrowed
So what they are doing is investing in the stadium build, knowing that they will get a significant return on their initial investment (interest on the mortgage over the 40 years or more plus initial capital). So yes, they are investing mate.
That's actually a pretty good explanation to it all, thanks and I apologise for my wrongfulness

That's actually a pretty good explanation to it all, thanks and I apologise for my wrongfulness

No problem at all mein frandel, you were right about them lending, but they are lending as an investment (unless of course they are lending at 0% across the lifetime of the loan with no fees or security)

No problem at all mein frandel, you were right about them lending, but they are lending as an investment (unless of course they are lending at 0% across the lifetime of the loan with no fees or security)

This. banks are essentially pawnbrokers, but instead of your bits of hooky jewellery, they use bricks and mortar (or concrete in our case) as the collateral and charge you for borrowing the money against it. No such thing as a free lunch, but the Chinese economy has a lot of foreign income and will get better returns investing in such a project rather than the Dung Zhow Ping Pneumatic Tyre factory in Guang Jiu.