New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s winning games doesn’t bother me in the slightest, he managed Liverpool for money , not because he’s a fan, same as managing us, it’s just a job

This again?

What you think is irrelevant because you will not be one of the angry ones baying for blood. You are not the issue. And just because you are not the issue this does not mean that the issue does not exist. Its incredibly insular thinking.

"Everyone else's house on the street is on fire! Mine is not on fire though so I will be fine."

Not sure why I keep using fire references actually...

Well a couple of points:
Simeone, although defensive, doesn't really play Dyche-ball as there is more variation in their patterns of play. Additionally, Athletico benefit from being an outlier in a league that still puts a lot of emphasis on possession - almost every team plays the same way.

Also the game has moved on - it's why managers like Mourinho and Benitez (never mind Dyche, Pulis et al.) have found it harder to win. If a manager is only as good as the players they have at their disposal, why have Leeds come up with a team of mostly Championship players who have been transformed and are great to watch? Why did Man Utd win the league in 2013 under Alex Ferguson and then the same team (even with a couple of editions) finish 7th under Moyes the following season? There are plenty of other examples.

A manager should be instilling a 'philosophy' and style of play that runs through the club at all levels, which then improves the path to the first team and makes scouting easier as you are always looking for certain types of player. That is not parking the bus and signing grocks who'll leave a boot in every now and then. We've tried throwing money at it - let's go at it with a proper plan for progression.

Also, call me old-fashioned, I view football as entertainment. At some point I expect the team I support to actually try and entertain me. If a movie director you liked made a series of really awful, boring films over a decade plus, would you continue to watch them? I know football is different. But still . . .

There is no right or wrong answer mate - we brought in one of the most successful managers in football history and he finished 12th and 10th here.

Im just at the point where I want the club to have an identity again and whoever comes in gets 1 season to prove themselves in my eyes.

Our first 6 fixtures:

Southampton (H)
Leeds (A)
Brighton (A)
Burnley (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Norwich (H)

Realistically, how many of these would Benitez have to win the settle the fans?

For me, it would have to be at the LEAST 5 wins and a draw. Anything less and it's kinda 'meh it's alright'.

I can only think that Moshiri has read Bellamy's book and likes Rafael's way of doing things. Lets be honest we could do with someone telling most of our squad the below:

Rafael.jpg

I doubt we'll be doing anything of the sort. Stop thinking you are the all-conquering all-seeing intelligent one and the rest of us are a level below you. You might think that but there are many on here who you wholly underestimate and think that nobody will call you out because you are the bullying type. As a matter of interest, what is your highest tertiary qualification?

tenor.gif

Yes.

Are we going to pretend this isn't an issue?

You and others can look down your nose at those fans who are not fair and reasonable enough to accept an ex RS manager all you want.

It does not change the fact that the sentiment is exactly that and it is not a healthy scenario to improve things from.

I hate people are trying to rationalise it and say remove the emotion.

Football is pure emotion, everything about it. You should be emotional about it, if you care.

Forget he is a ex RS, called us a naughty word - he's a poor manager, and we should 1000000000% be emotional about that, I don't want him anywhere near this club.

Our first 6 fixtures:

Southampton (H)
Leeds (A)
Brighton (A)
Burnley (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Norwich (H)

For me, it would have to be at the LEAST 5 wins and a draw. Anything less and it's kinda 'meh it's alright'.
Should be winning all of them, regardless who is in charge.

This again?

What you think is irrelevant because you will not be one of the angry ones baying for blood. You are not the issue. And just because you are not the issue this does not mean that the issue does not exist. Its incredibly insular thinking.

"Everyone else's house on the street is on fire! Mine is not on fire though so I will be fine."

Not sure why I keep using fire references actually...
Not saying some people don’t have an issue with it, just saying I personally don’t if he’s successful. Fans are customers at the end of the day, you think John Lewis customers choose who manages the local store?

I can only think that Moshiri has read Bellamy's book and likes Rafael's way of doing things. Lets be honest we could do with someone telling most of our squad the below:

View attachment 131395
This story pretty much sums up why I think it would be a terrible appointment. Firstly because it shows what a classless bloke he is, and second because, unless we're going to spend considerably more money than we've shown any inclination to do so far, this approach simply won't work for us. We need a manager who makes players better, not one who just wants to replace everyone who isn't ideal. It was a bad strategy under Ancelotti, it will be a potentially catastrophic one under Benitez.

Our first 6 fixtures:

Southampton (H)
Leeds (A)
Brighton (A)
Burnley (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Norwich (H)

‘Kin hell - are you expecting a title challenge or something?! I’d snap your hand off for a point at both villa and leeds for a kick off

I’ve missed about 120 pages can someone do a tl;dr for me? Seems to be a lot of people talking as if it’s done. Is there reliable journo tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.