New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

so tell me whats a big club sorry to burst your bubble but Everton at present are not a big club used to be , if we were a big club we wouldn't be looking through the list we are at present for a manager
What’s our list at present?

Our last manage got poached by Real Madrid, one of our recent former managers is the manager of the number 1 ranked fifa international team and the other is manager of Barcelona.

That, to me, suggests that 1) we’re a club with some serious internal issues and 2) we’re not a small club.

Rangers & Celtic play in a pub league and neither have barely created a dent in European competition for about 40 odd years and they are both still massive clubs. You don't just stop being a big club. If Arsenal got relegated and languished in the championship for the next 10 years they would still be a bigger club than most in this country.
Again same question what/how are you defining us as a big club our history, the amount of fans we have , our standing in this country, Europe is irrelevant to most other clubs and fans alike are Wolves, Bolton and Preston big clubs as their history is as good way back as most. Ive supported this shower for over v50 years and ive been there when teams feared us and we were respected as a top club the only recognition we get now is with the work in the community

well, he was bought a squad of excellent players and he had them hovering outside the european spots. Chelsea realized he wasn't good enough so fired their own cult hero, then Tuchel took the same squad and turned them in to the only team that could rival City and won the CL.
Seems like a bad idea to take him on with a poorer squad of players.
I think because Frank struggled in his last months at Chelsea with the same team that managed to win the biggest club trophy in football .

I don't know enough about him as a manager to know whether he'll turn out to be good or bad to be honest, but I just don't see what about his record means he should be someone of interest to us at this stage of his career. A decent but unsuccessful season at Derby, another decent season at Chelsea and then a really poor run ending in a sacking. If he hadn't won 100 England caps as a player there's not a chance in hell anyone's putting him forward for this job.

The season before he had a very decent season in which he also managed to integrate many of their young players into the squad. He finished in champion league spot and F A cup finalists, being knocked out of Champion League by eventual winner Bayern Munich. Personally I would say he overachieved with the squad of players he had at the time. The following year Chelsea brought in 7/8 top quality players, most of them new to the Premier league, and he admittedly struggled to integrate these into the team. But by the time he was sacked he had already qualified for the knockout stage of the champions league as group winners, and was within 4 points of the champions league places in the Premier, so hardly a massive hurdle for Tuchel to overcome.

The vast majority of Chelsea fans were still supportive of Lampard and most were upset when he was sacked. Yes he's young and inexperienced, but he achieved more at Chelsea in 18 months than any manager has achieved here in the last 30 years. Plus he likes to play football the right way.

Yes he would be a risk, but any manager we appoint would be a risk too. Most managers people are after in here have neither managed or played in the Premier League before, but here's somebody who knows the league inside out and is a promising young manager to boot. Can't help but think there's a lot of football snobbery going on in here. :)

Honestly this has been said about every manager since Moyes left. The most likely way to change the culture of the club is to bring in someone who makes the club their own, a bit like Moyes did here, or Klopp or Guardiola etc are doing now. If - for example - Potter came in and said 'right we're going to play this way, we have a long term plan and unless you show me you're capable of fitting in then you won't be part of it' then the culture can change over time. The idea that the culture is going to be changed by a disciplinarian coming in and shouting at people is painfully outdated. Particularly when that disciplinarian isn't liked by the fan base and the players know it.
I think that was wishful thinking. Rafael is an asshole.

The length of time it is taking to appoint a manager is not good for my mental health!

Honestly I`d take Howe over Benitez! and Howe would be somewhere down my list.
He’s be close to second bottom of my list.

I also agree with your statement in its entirety. We were right in the mix for a Good euro finish at the end of March. We’ve been in free fall since.

Couldn’t give a toss who our next manager is now, Everton always suck the life out of us in these kinda situations.

what’s more important is getting player recruitment right this summer and we are losing valuable time with that.

Get player recruitment right and any of the linked names will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.