New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
…did the Reds employ a DoF when Benitez was in charge?

I think an analysis of transfer dealings is really important but if there was a DoF involved then I also think it needs to be considered.
They had that guy who was DOF at Spurs as well didn't they? The one who spent the Bale money fairly badly. Personally I think Benitez is a decent coach who would do a good job given the right players. He certainly has more tactical acumen than someone like Nuno or even Ancelotti who doesn't really do tactics. I understand the animosity towards him, and there are plenty of other tactically astute managers. As long as we get one of them I'll be ok with it.

Rafael Benitez has emerged as a shock contender for the Everton job. Farhad Moshiri is also giving serious thought to Christophe Galtier, Nuno Espírito Santo, David Moyes, Roberto Martinez and Graham Potter. (Paul Joyce)

I don't think the club have any idea who they want at the moment. I don't think there's a stand out candidate. If it was up to Bill they'd probably go all out for Moyes.

Not convinced it's just paper talk as last night seemed to be a coordinated "leak" via several journos - King, Bascombe and Maddock.

Then again, I don't trust them as much as Joyce, Hunter, O'Keefe
Thing is they are Kenwright's mates. Could be Bill putting his name out there so the actual manager we get doesn't seem as bad

Don't know why people are surprised he's possibly getting a interview. He's a well known manager out of work and lives locally. Would be silly not to hear him out.

However, there's not much difference between him and ancellotti in terms of a compact pragmatic way of playing.

Think it would be a good fit for this set of players. But beyond that in terms of a rebuild...I don't know

considering Chris Hughton spent less and had them higher like, but potter plays pissy passy and keeps his team up every season oh let’s get him then

or hughton? Ffs have a word with yourselves even tryna advocate potter and the likes
Whenever I’ve seen Brighton play they have played good football and done well, so I don’t think he would be the worst and no reason why he shouldn’t be up for debate.

Personally I don’t think he looks a strong enough a character to manage us and his league finishing positions worry me. And not being the worst isn’t the reason to pick someone.

Some of the other reasons I’ve seen for him not being manager are a bit pathetic and the abuse some posters get for suggesting him seem over the top.

I’m not excited about any of the names linked really, the ones from the Premier League especially and don’t watch foreign footy to know about Galtier, Fonseca, Gallardo etc. not going to pretend I do to seem knowledgeable too. Just hope they pull something out the bag and get someone competent that can get us playing good football.

Also it would be nice if we could get someone who can get our players to pass the ball, that might be too much to ask though

Not convinced it's just paper talk as last night seemed to be a coordinated "leak" via several journos - King, Bascombe and Maddock.

Then again, I don't trust them as much as Joyce, Hunter, O'Keefe
I doubt Kenwright, DDB, Brands or Mosh are running out with tea and biscuits to give an update on the latest lists, King, Maddock and Bascombe all have very strong rs links and are friendly with Rafael, if you started posting about an Albanian 3rd division manager and got it out there, that would be the next favourite for the job

I doubt Kenwright, DDB, Brands or Mosh are running out with tea and biscuits to give an update on the latest lists, King, Maddock and Bascombe all have very strong rs links and are friendly with Rafael, if you started posting about an Albanian 3rd division manager and got it out there, that would be the next favourite for the job

Funny you should say that, Sokol Branica of KF Shkumbini is now 3/1 with a number of betting companies

Just appoint Galtier

What’s wrong Everton are you scared that we may compete instead of just plodding along, while your at it kick Kenwright into touch

As a coach I have no qualms about someone like Benitez being given the job. He's done a decent job wherever he's been and he's shown to some degree that he can pull good teams together from not necessarily the best squads. He's a coach who'll make a team better than the sum of it's parts. Something that's been lacking for a while.

However, he isn't the right man for the job. Even if everyone says they don't mind if he managed them lot in the past, as soon as there is a poor run of form (and there will be at some point) opinions will flip more quickly than with another manager with a different background. Where the club is at, and the potential rebuilding job at hand, we need a manager/head coach who will be given time by the fanbase. That just won't happen with Benitez and any run of poor results will see an exaggerated negative response and it'll start a vicious circle of hated bile before spiralling towards the club needing another new manager.

Why wouldn’t we? We’re kidding ourselves if we think we’re the only attractive prospect in English football.

We’re not likely to find a perfect manager who only has eyes for Everton.
It was more the suggestion that prospective managers were waiting on the phone call from Spurs,and if they see us as a consolation prize maybe we should be relying on Brands to unearth somebody who isn't being pushed by the media back pages. But then that would depend on how much input Brands has.

Status
Not open for further replies.