New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did he buy with the other £200m?
There are sites you can visit, a few good buys a lot of awful ones, the point I'm making is he wasnt starved of cash there, neither was he at Newcastle, he may not have had the funds of the top 6 teams while at the Geordies but he was given money, plus the fact a hell of a lot wont take toward him being here, so unless he has a great start there will be screams to get him out before Christmas, it's not an appointment I would consider at all

Under the terrible owners at the rs he spent £231m on such players as Aqualini for £17m, Babbel £11.5m, Pennant £7m , then kicked off because they would keep giving him millions, the season he won the CL crowds were restless at the pit,he relegated Newcastle and then spent a load getting them back up

Spent 50 mill and recouped 90 mill in sales. He took over with a few games left so the relegation wasn't all on him.

Personally, I wouldn't be going for someone whose last job was in China. He's only in it for the money now. He did seem to have an affection for Newcastle. He doesn't like Everton. We've just been burnt by a big name manager who was only here for a big pay day. We need someone up and coming with some fire in their belly, like when Moyes first came here.

There are sites you can visit, a few good buys a lot of awful ones, the point I'm making is he wasnt starved of cash there, neither was he at Newcastle, he may not have had the funds of the top 6 teams while at the Geordies but he was given money, plus the fact a hell of a lot wont take toward him being here, so unless he has a great start there will be screams to get him out before Christmas, it's not an appointment I would consider at all

Wasnt being funny, was a serious question, cos I havnt a clue. Like SAF bought Ralph Milne, so any manager can buy pap.

But I cant see him at Everton anyrate. Personification of yesterdays man.

…did the Reds employ a DoF when Benitez was in charge?

I think an analysis of transfer dealings is really important but if there was a DoF involved then I also think it needs to be considered.

Spent 50 mill and recouped 90 mill in sales. He took over with a few games left so the relegation wasn't all on him.
Still went down, theres absolutely no sense in recruiting him, all it is is paper talk and a few media mates pushing his name out

Personally, I wouldn't be going for someone whose last job was in China. He's only in it for the money now. He did seem to have an affection for Newcastle. He doesn't like Everton. We've just been burnt by a big name manager who was only here for a big pay day. We need someone up and coming with some fire in their belly, like when Moyes first came here.

…yep, i’m reminded he once called us a small club. I bet he’s really regretting that FACT now as I’m sure he’d swim from Caldy to manage us.

Small club, that alone should deny him the job.

Wasnt being funny, was a serious question, cos I havnt a clue. Like SAF bought Ralph Milne, so any manager can buy pap.

But I cant see him at Everton anyrate. Personification of yesterdays man.
No I didn't think you were being funny, I was just making a point that he wasnt starved of funds, I personally don't think he's in the running at all, like I said unless he hit the ground running there would be Anarchy in the ground, the media really dont have a clue hence the links to Moyes Rafael, Nuno plus any name mentioned in social media

…did the Reds employ a DoF when Benitez was in charge?

I think an analysis of transfer dealings is really important but if there was a DoF involved then I also think it needs to be considered.

Rick Parry was overseeing transfers. Benitez pretty much handpicked his targets. Remember him wanting to sell Alonso to sign Gareth Barry.

Still went down, theres absolutely no sense in recruiting him, all it is is paper talk and a few media mates pushing his name out
Not convinced it's just paper talk as last night seemed to be a coordinated "leak" via several journos - King, Bascombe and Maddock.

Then again, I don't trust them as much as Joyce, Hunter, O'Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.