New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At footie training last night, about 15 of the guys are called negro. Im gringo. There is about 10 called gordo. Small guys are called chiqui. The red head is colorado. The grey haired - viejo.

There was not one racist there.

Rafael is short in Spanish for Rafael so I will call the man Rafael, if that is good with you.

And Im not defending him.

But he was bang on the button about Moyes and his knife to a gunfight attitude. In spanish, the expression is small club. I honestly cant say it in spanish without saying equipo chico. Listo!

And he corrected himself afterwards because he wants the job, which is fair enough as he is probably within his rights to want the job. Not my favoured candidate though.

Just like Cavani wasnt racist or discriminatory either when talking to his friends and countrymen.

Context is everything.

Most British managers dont work abroad because they struggle to master one language, never mind two. You have to cut some slack to people talking in their second language. Fair play to Bielsa, he doesnt even try.

That's cool, in Argentina etc it's fine. Cavani doesn't live in Uruguay, he lives in England, he has lived in France for years etc etc. Is that not context too?. If you were over here and called me a negro we would have a big issue specially if you had lived over here for ages. I get that Cavani was a personal conversation technically but in terms of Benitez ignorance is not an excuse in the same way that I couldnt claim ignorance if I started doing nazi salutes in Germany or chewing gum in Singapore (which is quite the spectrum really...)

To be honest I am channeling this more through the Suarez Evra thing as he knew exactly what he was doing. I think Benitez knew exactly what he was doing too.

I know what Rafael is short for! Calling him this sounds like we are mates with him. He is Benitez! I hate seeing "Rafael" and "Stevie G".

Remember how unfit we were when Martinez was here, always used to lose goals in the last 10 minutes because the team were goosed. I expect Belgium don't have that problem as he is only with them for 10 days at a time, 6 or 7 times a year.
According to Baz off toffee TV, Tuchel was on the short list and we went for Martinez, that's Everton for you. Couldn't organise a piss up etc .

Or:

This Turkey's Not For Christmas! Terim Sacked By Moshiri After 90 Days

"It gave me great delight to give him an early Turkish bath," club lucky mascot Bill Kenwright told reporters after delivering the bad news.

The club is said to be, yet again, considering appointing David Moyes, with Kenwright speaking in a higher pitch than usual said to be a clue. Chances of the former gaffer taking over are said to be slim, with his side set to clash with a team of Norwegian fishermen in the Europa League on Thursday.

It’s absolutely not

I’d be gutted with Nuno, Moyes, Benitez and Howe, and it being 3 of those 4 are looking likely

Potter/Galtier, who are probably 4th and 5th I’d be happy/delighted with
Jeez, NOT the FSW. I know a few koppites, who are pretty decent to be fair, and they are saying to give this clown a wide berth as he makes Carlo look progressive, adding he was a spent force before he took the silver shilling from their club abar 150 years ago.

The quality of this manager appointment is a huge opportunity for Everton to take a step up in the eyes of the world. Make a weak appointment and everyone will view the Everton project as just lucky in drawing Ancelotti and James, a one time event. Make a top appointment and everyone sees a resurgence that is not manager dependent but from a stable leadership at the top of the club, and any concerns disappear.

It has a big impact on how players view the club and their likelihood to come here, as well as how future potential managers view it.
Exactly. Snare a Conte, Pochettino, or somebody of that ilk, and people will sit up and take notice - especially as Spurs pretty much wife-swapped in their manager search and ended up with the one who is least desirable.

Or:

This Turkey's Not For Christmas! Terim Sacked By Moshiri After 90 Days

"It gave me great delight to give him an early Turkish bath," club lucky mascot Bill Kenwright told reporters after delivering the bad news.

The club is said to be, yet again, considering appointing David Moyes, with Kenwright speaking in a higher pitch than usual said to be a clue. Chances of the former gaffer taking over are said to be slim, with his side set to clash with a team of Norwegian fishermen in the Europa League on Thursday.
Blimey, what a baklava!

Status
Not open for further replies.