New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Dundee (or was it Aberdeen?) job was his.

That's what he has to do, but he wont. I'm not surprised either when he has a lot of support to just sit back and let a PL job like Everton's fall into his lap.

The thing is though Dave, he's surely got to be given a go at some point, seeing as he's been kept around for so long. Otherwise, what has the point been?

I'd give him a go for 12 months. He can have £2million. That leaves us with an unexpected extra £10 million to play with. Something I've not really seen mentioned. - the best way to use Carlo's £12m p/a.

If it didn't work, his time at Everton would be done. No easy way back on to the coaching staff after you've managed a team, you'd think (and yes I'm aware of what happened with Harvey.)

So yeah, give him a go, imo. Either that, or Emery (not seen him mentioned) or Moyes as the 3rd choice. I can't decide if Benitez would be wise.

And Potter has a contract until 2025 I believe. Brighton won't just cave in if we approach them.

I know we got some compensation for Ancelotti but the size of the payouts and payoffs given to previous clubs and managers by Everton in the recent past, may come into play.
He's only on £1m per year apparently, so the compensation wouldn't be too much. Cheaper than sacking our last few managers, put it that way!

And Potter has a contract until 2025 I believe. Brighton won't just cave in if we approach them.

I know we got some compensation for Ancelotti but the size of the payouts and payoffs given to previous clubs and managers by Everton in the recent past, may come into play.
I don’t think we did get compensation.

That story has a"Baines was homesick" vibe to it. The way I read it he was just acknowledging that it is hard when you get stick from your own fans, not that he couldn't deal with it.

I feel like this is going to be like when Baines said he'd miss his kids if he went to a major tournament with England and didn't see them for a month and then for years everyone claimed he got homesick and had to come straight back from away matches because he couldn't bear to be outside an L postcode. Potter basically just said 'it's not very nice when people say you're a crap manager but it's part of the job' and it's somehow become akin to him saying he cries himself to every night because people are mean to him.

Except his teams can defend. Maybe he was just saying he cares what fans think? I seriously doubt he would be a manager at all if it were inclined to break him. At least he cares no?!

Probably the more rational take on that story to be fair.

I'm just incredibly worried lol

Status
Not open for further replies.