New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he’s only been an assistant under 1 manager afaik.

Let’s be honest, none of us have any idea whether he’s a good coach, or what level of input he’s had into those regimes you mention. He might have had a lot (which could certainly be a mark against him) or he might have had very little - which could go either way.

In fact I’d say there have really only been 2 pieces of anything approaching clarity…

The first is that we know he’s done a good amount of one to one work with DCL. It would be hard to argue that Dom hasn’t improved over the last few years. That said, we don’t know how much of that is down to Duncan’s influence.

The second is the spell he had in charge of the team before Ancelotti was appointed. It was a very short spell, and hard to draw many conclusions, but you’d be hard pressed for any conclusions you DID decide to draw to be particularly negative.

At the end of the day we really have next to no idea of what his role and influence have or haven’t been. But that’s less fun to shout about on an Internet forum.
Lukaku and DCL say he worked well with them. Lukaku and DCL were always good in the air, so it's difficult to see what impact Ferguson had on them in that respect. However, Lukaku's link up play was poor when here and DCL's is now. Ferguson was way better on the deck than them and so it looks to me like he couldn't coach that into them....Lukaku no has that in his game since leaving here.

I'm by no means anti-Ferguson like you (he was a hero to me as a kid in the 90's) and think he is actually a good coach, a clear communicator who has presence. However I can see it's a fair question to say, after 5 different appointments, he should really go and get a job elsewhere if he wants to manage Everton long term. If he's happy bumbling around in the background fine, but if he wants to manage the club, I'm not sure what else he can learn doing what he's doing.

If I was him, I would say to the club either give me the job, I've worked under 5 different managers and believe I can offer x, or if you don't think I'm capable let me know and I'll go and prove to you I am.
I believe the Dundee (or was it Aberdeen?) job was his.

That's what he has to do, but he wont. I'm not surprised either when he has a lot of support to just sit back and let a PL job like Everton's fall into his lap.

If we're after Galtier, I'm assuming we're favorites since Nice wouldn't want to pay Lille £9m, and I doubt Levy would want too either.
And Potter has a contract until 2025 I believe. Brighton won't just cave in if we approach them.

I know we got some compensation for Ancelotti but the size of the payouts and payoffs given to previous clubs and managers by Everton in the recent past, may come into play.

His camp may just have exaggerated our "interest" as leverage with Palace. Looks to be failing so far.

No disrespect to Palace, but there shouldn't really be any correlation between the candidates for our job and theirs.
Why can't Palace chase the best available to them too? I am more concerned that NES is considered the best available by Palace and potentially by us.

I'm starting to get mightily pissed off that this isn't resolved yet. I'm trying to stay positive that it means that the people in the know are all trustworthy and not leaking [Poor language removed] to the media but there is a part of me thinks is that because even the board don't have a clue who they are going to appoint.

Are we being racist if we don't hire John Barnes?
Sticky Toffee Puddings: Everton's Managerial 'Dream Team' Unveiled

1623253462643.png

I'm starting to get mightily pissed off that this isn't resolved yet. I'm trying to stay positive that it means that the people in the know are all trustworthy and not leaking [Poor language removed] to the media but there is a part of me thinks is that because even the board don't have a clue who they are going to appoint.
Calm down fella, Spurs sacked Jose about 4 months ago and still haven't got a manager. Give it until at least a few days before preseason to piss the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.