New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been talking to Palace before us, so maybe he’s been weighing up his options?
If he’s weighing up the option of Everton or Palace then there’s a 100% bone fide reason right there why he won’t be our man. No way in the world would we hang around waiting for some blimp who might choose Palace over us.

Spent most of today with a big Wolves fan who echoed what a lot of the Wolves fans who have been kind enough to post on here have said about Nuno:

- Sad to have lost him - would have him back if it was possible
- confident last season was a blip, affected by big injuries, player sales
- also pointed to crazy long season the one before (long europa qualification which started super early), with a very short pre season last summer too
- said also paid price of trying to change system/style this season and it not working well
- concern about basically neve scoring in the first half
- but likes how much they pile forward when they have the ball - very committed and direct when they attack. Not into meaningless possession
- definitely a more defensively minded coach but the football wasn't ugly attacking movies Bert purposeful and dynamic
He's been getting a bum rap on here.

If he’s weighing up the option of Everton or Palace then there’s a 100% bone fide reason right there why he won’t be our man. No way in the world would we hang around waiting for some blimp who might choose Palace over us.
Once again Evertonians jump to concrete conclusions based off a mere suggestion.

NUNO OUT BOOOOOO!

not advocating for Potter but Kendall and Moyes got the job from working in a lower division.
True I am not saying a Championship coach couldn't be considered but I don't see how Kendall and Moyes can be compared to Potter currently. Potter is promising and his teams play nice football on the eye, I just don't see enough of substance yet to give him the Everton job, one he hasn't built a team at this level to compete for Europe before and he has languished in the lower reaches of the league. I just don't see enough yet. He may turn out to be great the next Poch or Rogers he may turn out to be Martinez or Howe mark two...

I don’t get the hate for Nuno. He did a brilliant job with Wolves. Was being tipped for the top jobs not long ago. They lost a few key players this year and struggled with injuries, but all in all I’d be happy with him.
Of the available options he's in the top three for me. At least he would try and improve us and give us three seasons to rebuild, I don't get the hate for him, one average season at Wolves when both his strikers weren't available doesn't make him a bad coach.

without wanting to sound like a broken record, if it were going to be nuno, the deal would've been done days ago. you don't interview someone and then 'um and ah' over it. time is of the essence. i'm convinced brands has someone better up his sleeve.
But you go through a process of interviewing candidates we haven't even had a week yet

If it was me being realistic I would have gone for Ferguson and then assess the situation midway through the season.

the fallout from moving him back to the assistants job wouldn’t be that great.
Interesting.
Do you think the club would trust him in the transfer market for the obvious gaps that need filling.

Last edited:
If it was me being realistic I would have gone for Ferguson and then assess the situation midway through the season.

the fallout from moving him back to the assistants job wouldn’t be that great.
Thing is Kev. He had a good few games and they ran themselves in to the ground for him. By the time the Arsenal at Goodison game came round, the players looked completely goosed. Emotion and adrenaline will only take you so far. He needs to cut his cloth in the lower leagues if he wants the job first.

Status
Not open for further replies.