New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No that's not really what I'm saying though. I just see a lot of people talking about how Nuno did the Wolves thing for cheap and that's not really true at all.
Certainly not cheap. Although looking at the last 3 summers, only the last one stands up as seeing them buy pretty badly. Signings of Jimenez, Jota, Neto, Boly, Moutinho, Podence, Traore, Patricio, Otto, Dendoncker all look pretty reasonable.

Bad ones were Cutrone, Semedo and Silva.

71 people have voted for a fat Spanish waiter. I could scream

I have just screamed

Have a word with oneselves

I would rather have the fraud that is Fat Sam than let that René Artois wannabe take charge.

He called us a small club so he can do one.
I was one of the 71. I just reckon Rafael would get us (much) higher than 10th, would see the project through, wind the oppo. up a bit more and not play the plucky nice guy loser the media makes us out to be.

Oh and Conte was earning 20m Euros at Inter and was paid 26m for getting sacked at Chelsea.

Just in case people really think that we could throw 12m at him and he would come running.

With Conte essentially there are no other big jobs left so he could potentially think "I'll take this Everton job, finish higher than Ancelotti did, then in 2 years if the club dont keep backing me I'll bugger off to an elite side"

You would just have to hope if that happened he would have had us in the top 6 or having won a trophy where the clubs in a much more attractive proposition / has a better quality of squad for the next bloke to take over than what we are currently.

If Brands is doing his job right it doesn't matter if we changed manager every 12 months as the DOF should be the stability in terms of the squad.

Its why the top clubs hire and fire at will.

tenor.gif

With Conte essentially there are no other big jobs left so he could potentially think "I'll take this Everton job, finish higher than Ancelotti did, then in 2 years if the club dont keep backing me I'll bugger off to an elite side"

You would just have to hope if that happened he would have had us in the top 6 or having won a trophy where the clubs in a much more attractive proposition / has a better quality of squad for the next bloke to take over than what we are currently.

Ooooorrrr, he doesn't come to us because we're an absolute crap shoot and his recent work demands more.
I'm making my peace with it, join me.

Status
Not open for further replies.