New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, perhaps the last 15 months of Everton, Pandemic and all the uncertainty is coming to a head both in here and in other apsects of life, there seems to be so much anger and ansgt around, simple things are triggering people on both sides of the fence and those in the middle.

perhaps its time to reflect on what is important?

When we see how the behaviour of a few can really set off the many, the Hancock thing is a great example, showing real frailties in human behaviours and just how much of an impact lies, deceit, "them and us, culture" etc etc can really set off a perfect storm.

People predicted the fume level in here days ago, probably weeks ago, I don't want him and wont support him(FSW that is) but death threats are not the norm of society, they are an exception, often carried out by those emotive souls where rationale escapes them momentarily or longer and those that do see through these threats are very very much the exception but what we see is a reaction to an emotive subject perhaps heightened due to what has happened over the last year or so!

its very sad when you get blue on blue and "banter" when jocular is all good, after all a sense of humour is what sees us through most of the time but when we turn on each other, they win and that is not where we want to be.

anyway thats my rather worthless tuppence worth of opinion.

UTFT

This is on the club. Either announce him and let him try to appease to the fans or deny and announce someone else. Only way this banner activism will stop.

Cant blame the match going fans.

As I've just said above, and I'll try not to repeat, was singing Fat Spanish Waiter at him not fat shaming?

I didn't refer to him as a Fat Spanish waiter (and deliberately so) as I don't think it's particularly funny or appropriate. But I did state it's my opinion that he should be in shape and look smart when representing our club.

If people have a problem with that, fair enough, but there's a lot worse that goes on and just gets ignored. How many referred to Sam Allardyce as gravy tits? Did anyone challenge any of them with fat shaming?

If we are going to do it, lets do it consistently I suppose.

I don't care how people look, but in sporting industry, you are going to have your weight measured and if your body fat goes too high you are going to be told to get it down. Listen to what great teams did. Like United under Ferguson, that stuff was monitored, and if a player's body fat was too high, the players let them know about it. It's about standards.

That didn't come across very well. But in a 280 character tweet it's difficult to get all that across.
I understand the professionalism argument and see what you are saying but calling him a slob who has let himself go is a bit ott. The Fat Spanish Waiter stuff is a chant a silly one but it's a chant, chants are often brutal and have a lot of sarcasm, lots of chants are far more offensive, its not a public statement. Look I don't even like the man or want him at the club but I just don't see how he looks as a reason to belittle him.

He's done wonderful stuff for charities across Merseyside.
Your view is seemingly based on hearsay and a talk sport presenter.

I said your making him out to sound like he's carried out crimes against humanity, not saying that you said he has.

Good for him, and that's a positive he has done that.

I appreciate you said that, but using hyperbole in that way is not really helpful. We all know Benitez's crimes are not crimes against humanity. Being manipulative or not a very good person or whatever is a world away from crimes against humanity. We all know that.

I regret calling him a slob. The rest of it stands up though.

I seem to remember Mourinho making worse comments about him and most people found it funny.

I'm not sure wanting people to look smart when Everton manager is fat shaming, but everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

Why are you apologising? He’s a fat slob. That’s just medical fact.

I think, perhaps the last 15 months of Everton, Pandemic and all the uncertainty is coming to a head both in here and in other apsects of life, there seems to be so much anger and ansgt around, simple things are triggering people on both sides of the fence and those in the middle.

perhaps its time to reflect on what is important?

When we see how the behaviour of a few can really set off the many, the Hancock thing is a great example, showing real frailties in human behaviours and just how much of an impact lies, deceit, "them and us, culture" etc etc can really set off a perfect storm.

People predicted the fume level in here days ago, probably weeks ago, I don't want him and wont support him(FSW that is) but death threats are not the norm of society, they are an exception, often carried out by those emotive souls where rationale escapes them momentarily or longer and those that do see through these threats are very very much the exception but what we see is a reaction to an emotive subject perhaps heightened due to what has happened over the last year or so!

its very sad when you get blue on blue and "banter" when jocular is all good, after all a sense of humour is what sees us through most of the time but when we turn on each other they win and that is not where we ant to be.

anyway thats my rather worthless tuppence worth of opinion.

UTFT

Tbh some of it is just being kind and decent

Some people need to look a long hard look at themselves on here.

Grown men thinking it’s acceptable to leave threatening banners outside a mans house who has a wife and kids.

Wondering at this stage if Rafael and his wife have had a falling out and she's put that out the front so he sees it on his way home and books himself a hotel for the night rather than try the conventional angry make up sex.

I understand the professionalism argument and see what you are saying but calling him a slob who has let himself go is a bit ott. The Fat Spanish Waiter stuff is a chant a silly one but it's a chant, chants are often brutal and have a lot of sarcasm, lots of chants are far more offensive, its not a public statement. Look I don't even like the man or want him at the club but I just don't see how he looks as a reason to belittle him.

And almost immediately after making the tweet I clarified that I wouldn't want to call him a slob really. That's too hard a word. People never look at that though, when you actually clarify what is said.

I'm not really sure we can defend singing Fat Spanish Waiter but get offended at saying hes let himself go a bit. If anything it's worse, because it's being chanted at him, within his ear shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.