New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 100% absolutely NOT like that in any way shape or form. There is nothing being thrown on anybody, no physical action.

What it is like, is this forum. It is words, words that can be removed. Words that express a feeling currently for many people.

Honestly the piss throwing thing sounds like you actively want to make more of it than it is to make us look bad. I don't get us anymore.

It is not this massive mortal wound to our standing.
The point I'm making is if all it takes an easy remedy(removing the sheet/washing it off) then they are similar.
All I know is I wouldn't like to turn up to a job interview to a sign like that when all I'm doing is applying for a job.
So he did a good job with the RS, he's a legend to them(flag in Kop and all that), so what. There are countless other words that could be used to express opposition to the appointment. So yea it is words, but a childish, pathetic choice of words that I don't think Benitez has done anything to deserve it.
If they have an issue with it, aim their vitriol at the decision makers that are considering him, they are more answerable to Everton fans right?

The thing about Rafael is even when we win it will feel so hollow to me. That we have him as our manager yes it's that visceral for so many reasons....Not all about rivalry but what he represents a managerial dinosaur with a huge ego who will divide this club and won't care. The fact the board would do it shows how much they care about the fanbase. Makes me further disconnected from what's happening at the club. It will be another reason why we are in decline...

I honestly don't think they are mate.
I think that they are playing it right , keep our cards close to our chest.
Us fans have no idea what is going on , the bookies have absolutely no idea , as the odds wildly flip flop every day.
I think it puts the club in the best position in the drive to recruit the best person.

The board have put it out to journalists because they’re genuinely considering hiring him, like they were Santo, but Moshiri’s scattergun approach changes things daily

Anyone who thinks it’s made up or false is living on a different planet

I agree with you.

But if the only way we can indicate to the owner that Benitez is not a decision we can support, is by spraying a bedsheet… (which is the only communication the fans have given, thus far) then so be it.

Regardless of your Rafael opinion, there will always be a toxic environment around him, and you can’t be having the same negativity around The place which has stifled previous managers.
They could so easily write something to the board on those sheets with a simple 'we don't want Rafael Benitez'
I agree, he'd be a bad choice without doubt and would be behind the 8ball from day one

That’s a fair point mate on reflection, we should be better than that, it’s what sets us apart.

Its probably the wrong way to protest.
And as if that board of directors give a flying one what they think.

They only listen to them (or, rather, 'consult' with them) when they need their help to give a stadium application a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.