New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could try a more expansive approach where we don't lose our minds at every setback. But that requires having a plan, which we don't, so why not bring in a succession of managers who won't finish in any position of trouble or great note.
Finding one is the trick,other than offering a daft contract we aren't going to get anyone with a track record of success. New stadium doesn't mean anything,it's just another stop on the merry-go-round.

"On June 10, 2010, the same day he was confirmed as Inter Milan's new manager, Rafael handed over a cheque for £96,000 to the Hillsborough campaign."

"After so many years fighting for justice I am really pleased to see the verdict, which confirms what we have been saying for a long time,” he said.
“I am especially pleased for the families of the 96 who have sought justice for so long and with such dignity, as well as for the people of Liverpool and for football fans in general."

"On two separate occasions, Montse Benitez has paid for 40 Merseyside children to go on dream holidays - as part of her generous support for grieving or disadvantaged children across the region."

"Liverpool FC's former manager Rafael Benitez has donated an undisclosed amount to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.
His cash injection will help build the new community centre in memory of the 11-year-old who was shot dead in Croxteth in 2007.
The new Inter Milan boss arranged for a cheque to be delivered to the Jones family on Thursday.
Mr Benitez said: "In all my time at Liverpool this is one of the stories that affected me most."
Rhys Jones was gunned down while walking home from football training through the Croxteth Park Estate.
His killer Sean Mercer was convicted two years later after a lengthy police investigation and scores of arrests of gang members across Liverpool.

Mr Benitez added: "I am doing this on behalf of the people that cannot. I know that every person on Merseyside would have loved to give the fund a donation but they are in hard times and can't find the extra cash."

But, ho hum, he called Moyes a small club manager because he plated dour football.
What's any of that got to do with anything? Nobody said he was a serial killer or the personification of evil. He's just currently not a very good manager and he's automatically on the back foot with our fans because he repeatedly acted like a tit towards them which means the fans will turn on him in a heartbeat. Not a great starting point for any manager.

If you can't see it's a terrible fit then I don't know what anyone can do to help you out, fella.

What's any of that got to do with anything? Nobody said he was a serial killer or the personification of evil. He's just currently not a very good manager and he's automatically on the back foot with our fans because he repeatedly acted like a tit towards them which means the fans will turn on him in a heartbeat. Not a great starting point for any manager.

If you can't see it's a terrible fit then I don't know what anyone can do to help you out, fella.
Rational, but not the popular sentiment.

I'm under no illusions that I'm a tit.

I'm not however, a kopite pretending to be an Everton fan.

No, you certainly aren't coming across as one!

Apologies for calling you a tit, bit worked up at the min. Alan myers tweet has slightly relieved me though.

Look at the list of realistic candidates and tell me who is better.

I have Galtier possibly, Conte definitely and... nobody else.

Whoever comes in is on to a hiding after Ancelotti, as they're all inferior on paper. Benitez is experienced at least, so has a chance to deal with that after experiencing this before at Madrid and Chelsea, and if it goes wrong I maintain it's better to have Ancelotti and Benitez as your last two managers than the no marks we're linked with. It's about perception.
I genuinely think there is a lot of better managers out there.
We're a top team in the best league in the world.
Benitez is a lazy appointment.

I think I see a bit of a pattern here......

Teams managed:

1993–1995Real Madrid B
1995–1996Valladolid
1996Osasuna
1997–1999Extremadura
2000–2001Tenerife
2001–2004Valencia Champions 2001-2, 2003-4 well as UEFA Cup winners
2004–2010Liverpool Less said the better!!
2010Inter Milan Lasted from June to December 2010. No major trophies (Italian Super Cup, World Club Championship) despite taking over a Treble winning team
2012–2013Chelsea (interim) Won Europa League - Unpopular with supporters
2013–2015Napoli Failed to qualify for CL
2015–2016Real Madrid terminated following allegations of unpopularity with supporters,
2016–2019Newcastle United Relegated having taken over in March, but EFL Championship winners next season
2019–2021Dalian Professional Let after 18 months citing concerns about CV19

Status
Not open for further replies.