New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that previous to this behind closed doors dogshite period of football, I was thoroughly impressed with Nuno and the way his Wolves team played. I would have been almost as happy with him as I would Carlo at the point we sacked Silva.

The vast majority of Wolves fans are completely baffled and disappointed by his departure and only have good things to say.

He's also managed Porto and Valencia to higher finishes than the seasons prior to taking charge. His track record is that of achievement.

Bar appointing Conte, this is as good as we have available right now and I include the guy who's only ever managed in Ligue 1.

We've spent twice as much as Wolves during his tenure there and he's managed to finish above us and in Europe twice out of three premier league seasons.

Would I be delighted if this was a complete feint by the club's PR people and we actually appointed Conte on Monday? Absolutely yes.

But people are acting like we've just appointed Mark Hughes FFS. Nuno's ceiling is yet to be identified, will the commensurate upping of budget convert those seventh place finishes to fourth with us? Time will tell, but I wouldn't write the bloke off from being fully capable of moving us forward.

Ziggy too.

Gomes and Ziggy will be our new, yet old, dynamic midfield engine of the NuNO era.

Kill me now.
Nonsense scare mongering. Allan is more type his player than anyone else.

The fact he was able to make a solid midfield out of the crabs Wolves had only testament to his ability as a manager

The parallels don't end there. No football strategy, odd links to agents, turgid percentage football, weird and nepotistic backroom cronies...

May as well not have sacked Allardyce if we get Nuno

E69FA655-CD35-46A6-B5C8-9F7090655BA8.jpg

A2410E32-8FA8-4904-A8C9-2D9ED18A7291.png

Port @orly, Espíritu Santo Island, Vanuatu
Another parallel :coffee:

If it's Nuno who get's the job, I'll give him my full support as I've given every Everton manager with the exception of Sam Allardyce.

People critical of his playing style are being a touch unfair given the defensive football served up by our own team last season. He seems to have access to the best young Portuguese players, which isn't a bad thing given they have one of the best U21 squads around at the moment. There's 2 such players I'd take from Wolves right now that would improve our team immediately, Neves and Neto. Add in a right back and we'd have a top team, and if James actually stays he would be the icing on the cake when he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.