Should we stick with the DOF model?

• Yes

• No

• Walsh on toast

• Yes but replace Benitez with the new DOF’s choice

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you put Luis Campos in the Director of Football role and him and Benitez (eww) get rid of our current academy management.

I would be happy.
Seen Campos mentioned as a possibility. I know he helped build that great Monaco side. Moshiri also has a residence in Monaco.

Coincidence?

Yes.

Dof is an important role in a modern club, keep continuity between managers and all that

Just need one who refuses to let Moshiri and whoever the manager is influence signings

Prefer the original set up where the manager runs the football side and stands or falls on the result. He chooses the new players and initiates the departure of the unwanted.

Give total control to the manager. He is the one picking the team. He should know what he wants better than anybody. To build for a brighter future, this means having a manager long term though, and i’m far from convinced by Rafael.

Give total control to the manager. He is the one picking the team. He should know what he wants better than anybody. To build for a brighter future, this means having a manager long term though, and i’m far from convinced by Rafael.

Look at his transfer record, Rondon, and was Lonergan one of his or Brands?

Everton's perception of itself and owner might get in the way of a steady DoF coming to fruition but what is the alternative? Their are almost no precedent of modern teams building sustainably, in an era thats manager turnover is higher than ever being successful without a DoF.

People can say there's no point because Moshiri wont allow control, thats the same as saying we cant compete because we have not won anything. That problem is symptomatic of the problem. They have to address that, if they don't the pattern will repeat itself which is again the problem.

I think Everton would be wise to simply scale the models of say Brighton, Brentford or even Norwich and shop in the market at a similar price point yet with larger resources and leverage. Sadly I think the club would scoff being compared to relegation fighting teams, but they are better run with the framework of improving. They would much rather continue buying big 6 cast offs at inflated prices that stagnate improvement season to season, don't provide revenue in sell ons and leave fans and owners feeling like we underachieve every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.