Should we stick with the DOF model?

• Yes

• No

• Walsh on toast

• Yes but replace Benitez with the new DOF’s choice

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be going all out to get Wenger as DoF, or at least in a consultancy role for a year, like UTD have done with ragnick. We need someone to steady the ship and a strong personality to stand up to moshiri.

I went with no. It doesn't really work over here.

There is so much chopping and changing of managers anyway so its really hard to convince a manager to come here if they get no say in what players are coming in.

I guess it can work with the right set up but you need that from the beginning rather than parachuting a DOF in.

Only works for professionally run clubs who have a vision and long term strategy to build from grassroots upwards
For that reason it's a no from me

The way I see it.

Rafael is a dead man walking, moving out Brands shakes up the board but ultimately we need a Director of Football who has free rein and works with the manager without a Chairman who leaves them.

For me, Luis Campos or Michael Emenalo are both free who have worked at huge clubs.

Depends on if its actually going to be a DOF - because we have no consistency in hiring managers and their playing styles, it just leaves us with a mishmash of players.

If we bring in a new DOF and let them do their job, 100% absolutely because the manager and signings are less of a concern and weighted on the manager.

If we don't and its still Moshiri calling the shots, we might aswell jib it and save the wages.

Luis Campos please, with complete control, Moshiri signs the checks and doesn't get involved is my preference.

Then again if this happened in the summer we would have had Gaiter, rather then the sweaty mess we have managing us now.

It's alien to Everton. Let the last 6 years be it's monument to failure here.

A manager who does everything on the playing side is what we need. We need that clarity and sense of direction that only one man can bring to an organisation.

Or, we could hire another DoF and continue with the dog's breakfast we see now, where nothing is coherent and we have ructions and factions and the near cratering of the club.

Hobson's choice for me.

Some guy called Macias has worked a lot with Benitez apparently as a head of recruitment or something similar. Could imagine he will be the next one maybe?

Moshiri will certainly bring a new dof I think that’s obvious - it’s essential that he has another ‘human shield’ in place for him while he carries on destroying the squad buying the players he wants.

Haha

"I can't do my job because I don't have full control....but I'll sign a new contract and be a board member. Cheers"

Behave. Leech.

Status
Not open for further replies.