New buzz around the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamullenblue

Player Valuation: £20m
It is just me or is the optimism growing. At west brom on Saturday even when they scored I think everyone still felt we would win .. Very little moaning or slating players which was great .. Manager did the substitution that was needed and the job was done ... The belief is coming back ! Really hope we get some more quality players in before the window closes and we can push on !

It is just me or is the optimism growing. At west brom on Saturday even when they scored I think everyone still felt we would win .. Very little moaning or slating players which was great .. Manager did the substitution that was needed and the job was done ... The belief is coming back ! Really hope we get some more quality players in before the window closes and we can push on !
Have to agree, It was great to not have that feeling of dread when we scored. Normal teams celebrate a goal, Last season I was worried we might of made the oppo's angry.

Most definitely growing.....though to read some of the posts on here you would be forgiven for thinking we are coming apart at the seams :blush:

Think it's down to early days yet rather than simply new optimism all round. The fume was still there after we went a goal down like nothing changed lol

For me personally it's seeing all the little things that have changed. Like set pieces where Gueye and Mccarthy were staying back and centre halves were getting forward which is only a good thing. Seeing the way we are attacking with pace and movement rather than relying on one tactic, centre halves push up when we are pressing to increase numbers, seeing a threat when we have a striker in that team.

All good signs that we could well be a competent team again and can't ask for more than that right now

Have to agree, It was great to not have that feeling of dread when we scored. Normal teams celebrate a goal, Last season I was worried we might of made the oppo's angry.

Ha good shout! I know what you mean, last year when we were 3-0 up against Stoke I was terrified when Lennon (I think?) got the 3rd just before half time coz thought Stoke would fly up the other end and score before the break... Then cue the usual 2nd half meltdown from us!

On the contrary, I was quite relaxed on Saturday... Until the 90th min and beyond like!

I am excited going to Goodison again.

There were times last season I seriously didn't want to leave the Walton Social Club.

I suppose that's what football is all about so yes something has definitely changed. We've got our Everton back!

I think that substitute in the first half on Saturday announced Koeman was here and how it will be. It's a 180 degree from Martinez.

Let's not forget the Spaniard had a great new manager bounce in his first season too.

Fans are naturally excited at a new manager and look for signs of it being the perfect suitor but it's prudent to just roll with this season as there'll be a lot of change. Obviously if there's money invested many will be expecting better than 11th though.

Its genuinely nice looking forward to games again. I think there's still some residual effect from the Martinez era still hanging about, when we concede etc but that is to be expected.

Of course if we keep on going well that will go, but I think every fan will have Roberto's first season in the back of their head and that might stop them getting too carried away.

But yeah, Everton are boss again!

I am excited going to Goodison again.

There were times last season I seriously didn't want to leave the Walton Social Club.

I suppose that's what football is all about so yes something has definitely changed. We've got our Everton back!
Things must of been really bad to even contemplate drinking in that dump .

I think that substitute in the first half on Saturday announced Koeman was here and how it will be. It's a 180 degree from Martinez.

Let's not forget the Spaniard had a great new manager bounce in his first season too.

Fans are naturally excited at a new manager and look for signs of it being the perfect suitor but it's prudent to just roll with this season as there'll be a lot of change. Obviously if there's money invested many will be expecting better than 11th though.
That was a sensible football related post. Are you feeling OK? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.