Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some Kopite laughing his head off the other day because I said Southall was better than Clemence.

*sighs

When I was growing up, Peter Schmeichel was an immortal, living legend, practically unstoppable and bloody scary when it came to 1 on 1s. Scored goals too! Unbelievable keeper.

But Southall was better when he was 40 in an FA Cup final.

Thinking back he should have packed it in after his fantastic performance in the Cup final,as it is I remember the home game v Spurs which turned out to be his last,a 2-0 defeat and the crowd getting on his back,it was sad to see after all his heroics through his career:(

Its almost impossible to judge goalies though. Like maybe these annoying stato things can now show number of saves, calibre of saves, that sort of stuff that you can with outfield players which might be a start.

I would ask someone like Schmeichel or Banks or Jennings. They would know. But he was ace was Nev.

Its almost impossible to judge goalies though. Like maybe these annoying stato things can now show number of saves, calibre of saves, that sort of stuff that you can with outfield players which might be a start.

I would ask someone like Schmeichel or Banks or Jennings. They would know. But he was ace was Nev.
Schmeicel had a great defence most of the time in front so had to stop anything that came through
Banks never really had a great defence in front so " couldn't be blamed" but a good keeper
Jennings commanded and was athletic but I never really bought the ticket
Nev had a lot of different defences to work behind, title winners and some dodgy defending
Nev was a god!

Mad as a hatter too, as every good goalkeeper should be.

Love that photo of him sitting against the post at half time instead of going into the sheds.
Yeah the sit out was mad, I'd say his team mates weren't happy, but it's Nev, suck it up lads

Status
Not open for further replies.