Homepage Update: Neville Southall Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
Adam-GOTTV submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Neville Southall Interview
nevillesouthall-1024x461.jpg

Neville Southall recently spoke to GrandOldTeam TV at The Winslow about the current situation at Everton, some of his former team-mates, the future of Ronald Koeman and what the club should do to adopt a winning mentality.

Interview courtesy of David Fehily, you can buy his book 'The Everton Domingo Sermons' by 'The Reverend - LCAB' by giving him a shout on twitter.

Speical thanks to The Winslow Hotel & Mersey Memorabilia
www.thewinslowhotel.co.uk
www.merseymemorabilia.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Neville Southall recently spoke to GrandOldTeam TV at The Winslow about the current situation at Everton, some of his former team-mates, the future of Ronald Koeman and what the club should do to adopt a winning mentality.

Interview courtesy of David Fehily, you can buy his book 'The Everton Domingo Sermons' by 'The Reverend - LCAB' by giving him a shout on twitter.

nice one, Adam...Nev is our greatest living Evertonian.

here's the vid, by the way:

This going to be a podcast?

Cheers Adam,you know when Neville had his opening day "sit in" against Leeds I always felt he had let the club,Colin Harvey,the fans and himself down, however over the years and hearing him talk I've realised that it all boiled down to frustration,and the fact he was a perfectionist, he realised things were going array at the club and as a winner he found it difficult to take,I just wish the hierarchy at Goodison would take the time to listen to a genuine legend of the club, maybe they feel he is a "loose cannon" but he talks so much sense and is "old school" Everton and like myself and others of our generation we find it tough to see the standards that we have slipped to since we last won the league.

A bit paraphrasing but highlights:

Everton fans either take to you or they don't, and if they don't there's a good reason for it, normally players not trying hard enough.

The football at the moment is too slow.

There's no reason why we can't win the league, Leicester won it for a start.

Between 6th and 10th is definitely not good enough.

If we had a new ground next week, it'd only be half-full...we have to improve on the pitch first.

I'm impressed with Rooney's attitude, he always wants the ball and that's the right attitude.

A winning mentality should be ingrained in the place, from the youth team upwards.

I like Koeman, but upstairs is hampering him. I don't think Moshiri is there all the time driving the club.

Lineker hardly ever trained, but still scored loads of goals. Can't knock him.

Kanchelskis was a great fella with a great sense of humour.

Reidy was a top player and proper scouser.

Nothing on Skeletons though Adam?

Status
Not open for further replies.