2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be left isolated up front,he was actually dropping deeper and deeper last night to try and get involved,other than the chance he muffed in the derby I can’t recall him having any opportunity to add to his one goal which is quite an incitement on our creativity in the final third,I don’t think he is good enough but we have to change our shape to give him a chance to make an impact or it is going to be another wasted purchase.

I'm sure City paid around the same for Alvarez.
And only argument I can make for us opting for Maupay over somebody like Alvarez is that the club wanted a 'proven' Premier League striker. City obviously are able to take a risk on young overseas talent and probably don't care if he ends up a failure. Sadly for us Maupay was a very bad option.

Why did we buy him? Never really got it.
We were under an illusion that Calvert lewin was gonna be the saviour when fit.... Screenshot_2022-09-30-10-37-40-34_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I mean he's roughly a 1 in 4 striker, who has scored 10 goals in the premier league once.

if you look at his career he has purple patches where he will score 4/5 goals and then nothing for months.

expecting any different would be folly.

If we got 10 goals out of him, thats a decent return.

I mean he's roughly a 1 in 4 striker, who has scored 10 goals in the premier league once.

if you look at his career he has purple patches where he will score 4/5 goals and then nothing for months.

expecting any different would be folly.

If we got 10 goals out of him, thats a decent return.
But can't excuse his poor control even when to his feet. Match fit up against half match fit opponents.

Interesting reading the "right type of striker"
This is Everton. He'll have to cross it and then get into the box to meet his own cross.
I dont think he should have been benched when calvert lewin came back. He should have played with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.