2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a very difficult position to fill in a team and that is partly because u need two strikers to be able to work together that suit the manager's style. Get the right pair and they look like world beaters but individually they look bang average. Someone mentioned them on here the other day but I think Nial Quinn and Kevin Phillips are the perfect example of making each other look better. Maupay on his own is rubbish, with the right striker partner(s) and players behind him he looks a good player
I think anyone on their own up front under lampard in particular would look terrible. DCL shows exactly how to do it when he plays. Just a mental signing.

Well there are 5 clubs that currently have at least one player on 50k or more from my research.
So 5 clubs out of 24 have at least 1 player on 50k. That is 'at least 5' from over 550 players. How many of these 50k a week players were purchased while the club is in the Championship? I would doubt any. By any chance are three of the 5 clubs Leicester, Sainst and Leeds and the other two, maybe Watford and possibly Norwich? As much as you may want to see it happen Maupay will not be playing Championship football (unless on loan and Everton picking up a large portion of his wages) this coming season as no club will pay the wages.

We've had a fair few after years of being spoilt. Tony Cottee was massively frowned upon but scored more than 1 in 3 if I recall. Jon Spencer,Mo Jonson Brett Angell are the ones that spring to mind to compare to Maupay. But by christ some of the football we've played over the last 2 seasons nobody would score in our squad. Having said that I think at the end of last season we started to create and I think a couple of additions and we will be safe. It's glaringly obvious and has been posted 1000 times. I'd take ihanacho if possible. All we did was give the ball away up top and then have to defend relentlessly. I think the midfield just gave up at times. There was no point passing forward.Can't really blame them
Mo Johnston had a 1 in 3 record for us, even scored in a derby win.

Just shows that stats don't show the full story.

Cottee was great at scoring goal that didn't really matter.

It's all about taking your chances when they come. A striker who scores 5 goals that win games is more use than one who scores 10 consolation goals etc.

Mo Johnston had a 1 in 3 record for us, even scored in a derby win.

Just shows that stats don't show the full story.

Cottee was great at scoring goal that didn't really matter.

It's all about taking your chances when they come. A striker who scores 5 goals that win games is more use than one who scores 10 consolation goals etc.
With our present forward line, it's a consolation if anyone can score .... judging the pre season friendlies so far .....

He can’t lead the line, he should only play if he is playing off DCL, in a 4/4/1/1 type setup. He drops deep naturally anyway.

Grew into it today after a weird start.. but he just looks out of place in this side and considering we are Everton that's saying a lot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.