Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middle I reckon - Calvert Lewin is the one with Wingback experience!!!!

But seriously, I can see us moving to 5-3-2 with Gueye, Onana and Iwobi behind Maupay and Calvert-Lewin in some games.
Obviously this assumes Dom's health, but that's a very decent side. Not amazing, but definitely not relegation worthy. Still need to add one more goal scorer though. Maupay is the type of backup striker we've been needing for a while.

I find some of our fans views very odd, complaining about this.

We are desperate for a striker. He's hardworking, prem proven and miles better than Rondon. We are looking to not be in a relegation fight again this year. If he can bag us 10+ goals and help us finish in mid table obscurity then happy days
It's from people that see "Brighton" and assume he must be crap because Brighton are crap, they were in the Championship a few years ago. Completely ignoring the fact that Brighton have had famously incredible recruitment the last few years, have a fantastic manager and are generally one of the best 10 sides in the league, the only reason they're not better is because they can't yet compete with bigger sides financially so they must grow gradually, which they have been doing year after year.

This happens with any player we're linked with from teams who are "beneath" us, almost any starting striker from the top half of the Championship improves us massively, nevermind one from a team that's better than us currently. I could almost guarantee if we were after someone like Nketiah who's much worse there'd be more optimism just because he came from a better side than us objectively. Even look at Broja, you'd the way some people have talked about him that he had the same type of season as Lukaku did at West Brom, scoring 20 goals, before signing on loan with us. Broja scored like 6 goals all season last year, nothing incredible at all.

Very good signing. Think with what seems available at the moment he's the best available for us. Really think he will fit well with the club and do well for us. It's not massively exciting but it's a sensible deal, more of them needed. Look forward to seeing Rondon parked on the bench from now on.

I’m waiting for the Davek explosion on Maupay. He will be gutted we’ve signed a striker and furious it’s not a 30 goal per season man.

Status
Not open for further replies.