Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reborn.
condolence-candle.gif

He'll make a huge difference in our pressing from the front and at least he knows how to play at CF, he plays a lot, doesn't get injured much and works hard. Lampard is building a functional hard working team for the immediate, which we need, buying players who aren't injury prone is a big improvement just on it's own.

We need to understand where we are and what where we are headed and getting lads in who can play most games, gives opportunity for partnerships to be formed.

I think it kind of vindicates a lot of fans views that we had a squad who just didn't put the hard yards in, we weren't delusional as it appears the new manager and DOF agree with us. Now we just need to give them a bit of time and all start pulling in the same direction.
For the first time in years finally a manager that sees the most obvious of problems to be rectified

Just wondering what age you are ?
How much you remember of when Everton were amongst the very elite of English football ?
I have been supporting Everton since about the time we won the title in 69/70 and followed them faithfully ever since as boy and man in good times and bad.

We all want the best for the club but expectations must be tinged with realism as well.
I started supporting mid 1970’s. Everton are a an elite club in my opinion and the supporters do deserve more than they are being provided by the club. In my opinion to suggest we accept mediocrity is accepting defeat and I honestly think that we are heading in the wrong direction , possibly relegation. Everton although not successful have had one or two decent players you could get behind until recently. This squad is one of the worst we have had in a long time and our recruitment this window seems to suggest we have not learned any lessons.

I started supporting mid 1970’s. Everton are a an elite club in my opinion and the supporters do deserve more than they are being provided by the club. In my opinion to suggest we accept mediocrity is accepting defeat and I honestly think that we are heading in the wrong direction , possibly relegation. Everton although not successful have had one or two decent players you could get behind until recently. This squad is one of the worst we have had in a long time and our recruitment this window seems to suggest we have not learned any lessons.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I also think we have to live in the real world.

For all sorts of reasons we cannot spend our way out of where we are. As we know we did try to spend our way to the top and look where that got us.

We have been hiring and firing managers way too often and it is this strategy which has constantly left us with overblown squads filled with players not signed and not wanted by the current manager of the time.

We have got to stick with a manager and start to build a team over time. Mid table safety is our aim this year while developing a core of young players like Gordon, Patterson,Mykolenko, Davies,Onana,Mills, Warrington,McNeill, Vinagre,Welch and hopefully we may add more young players in the next three days.

It will be a gradual process and we will probably lose some of our best talent on the way such as Anthony Gordon and maybe others but hopefully now whatever funds raised will be used more productively than in recent years.

I like to hear of us trying to sign young players like Kudus, even Brereton Diaz as these are young players who can improve and also have resale value which is important to us.

I think the big picture is that we have to accept that change and improvement will happen slowly, we have to accept that continually sacking managers is a disaster, that spending big is certainly not a bullet proof guarantee of success.

Just because our motto is nils satis nisi optimum that means nothing today. Success has to be built up and earned which can only be done by a responsible well run club.

To go from our current level of ‘gash’ to ‘elite’ we must pass through ‘mediocrity’

Status
Not open for further replies.