2023/24 Nathan Patterson

The other problem we have at the moment is because we have no wingers, opposition teams know we offer no threat from out wide, so their full backs and wingers can bomb on, knowing even if they lose possession, Everton have no pace or natural wide players to punish them on the break.
Harrison and McNeil returning should help a bit with this.

Paterson was poor but I don't get the hate he receives or the spot light he seems to be under every game.. he wasn't even our worst defender.. Keane & Young were worse.
He hasn't started the season well that's obvious but at least he doesn't hide like quite a few others.
The midfield 3 were a joke..
He's trying to find his bearings in a tough league with Micheal Keane as his senior partner to guide him 🙈

I like Patterson. Think there is a player in there. Not sure why he is getting so much crap. Many more worse performances at the moment than him.

I like Patterson. Think there is a player in there. Not sure why he is getting so much crap. Many more worse performances at the moment than him.

tbf it's the Pattersin thread so he's getting stick because he's been dreadful the last 2 games. Go in the Keane thread, Doucoure or Onana and they'll be getting same levels of stick so I don't think Patterson is getting anymore than anyone else.

He's been absolutely woeful the past 2 games so fans are rightly going to be having an opinion on how poor he's been

A well run club would have put him out on loan ages ago. But we are not a well run club.

He was never a signing we should have made. At a lower price he could have joined a more established Premier league club and gone straight into a development squad.

…hardly surprising. Coleman is a superior footballer and also offers leadership to the team. Sadly Patterson has failed to grasp the opportunity he’s been given, I’m really disappointed with him.
Tbf, it's not him we should be disappointed in. He didn't buy us himself for Everton, Everton did that. He's not guilty of anything outside his own limited talent.

We will be fine with Nathan Patterson; a couple of decent tackles early on against Wolves will give him a nice confidence boost and he'll kick on from there. I'm more concerned that Sean Dyche appears intent on sticking with Michael Keane.