2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll never find a defender who loves a tackle more than Patterson. He's another Tierney.

Here you, why are you telling everyone Patterson can't defend?

Do you really think your precious premier league is that big a deal? Patterson will put EPL wingers in the stand with no hesitation. You playing on people's ignorance here by telling every Tom D1k and Harry that he is a winger is an absolute joke by the way. He's one of the most aggressive tacklers you'll find and he kens 352/532 like the back of his hand.
lol lol lol

yes, let him prove it. That would be a start

Dave really banging the drum on this one.

Think he needs to give it up tbh, Patterson alongside Billy Gilmour were absolutely the best players on the pitch.

He is above and beyond Jonjoe Kenny in every aspect, even defending. Play him RWB with Coleman behind him, surely the best and fastest way to learn?

Although when defending I actually noticed him pointing and telling McTominay where to go (Premier League regular McTominay)

He was brilliant going forward and always able to get back because of his pace.

I'm convinced there's some kind of appearance add on the club can't afford to meet just yet

….this is the line you keep peddling but it’s not as if we are blessed with good defensive full backs, indeed Kenny and Mykolenko add zero at both ends of the pitch and get more game time than Patterson.

i actually think it’s a nonsense line anyway. Andy Robertson was dropped at Hull for his defensive lapses, giving away 4 penalties in consecutive games yet you laud him as one of the few who are as good defensively as attacking. Your judgement on football and footballers is usually flawed, unreasoned and aimed at causing reaction.

This situation is beyond logic.

....laughable. "Dave, let him start games will yer. Why are you insisting on playing Coleman?".

....as if three managers of this club are controlled by me and they refuse to hand him a top flight start because of it.

THAT'S what you have to address. And Lampard has handed you your answer on more than one occasion.

lol

A single surging run into the box in a charity game might make someone MOTM up there but he's well off a PL start down here.

The vast gulf between the SPL and the PL in microcosm there from the Scottish branch of the state propaganda machine. The Scottish Cafu.

Deary me.

He’s had key moments in two recent victories. But also started an absolute shocking amount of defeats as well.
You mean he's been instrumental in getting us 6 points against Leeds and Newcastle.

Subtract that 6 points from our total and then go and see where we'd be in the table right now: buried - and for sure facing life in the Championship.

....but let's get him out of the team for a winger who never stays in his own half.

lol

A single surging run into the box in a charity game might make someone MOTM up there but he's well off a PL start down here.

The vast gulf between the SPL and the PL in microcosm there from the Scottish branch of the state propaganda machine. The Scottish Cafu.

Deary me.
Except, Patterson has shown his quality in the knockout stages of Europe and international games, not just SPL. Your disdain and ill-will for one of your own players is utterly staggering. He played well last night and all you could say is "aw look, he's too high up the pitch, told you all he is rotten" I'm paraphrasing here, of course.

Except, Patterson has shown his quality in the knockout stages of Europe and international games, not just SPL. Your disdain and ill-will for one of your own players is utterly staggering. He played well last night and all you could say is "aw look, he's too high up the pitch, told you all he is rotten" I'm paraphrasing here, of course.
That's a caricature of both his international exploits AND my view of him:

1/ the international games he's shone in were against Israel, the Faroe Islands and a charity match against a Polish 2nd string team...not exactly top quality opponents

2/ my take on Patterson is that he might be deployed as a useful winger - because he defo is not a defender of any standard right now

Other than that...

1/ the international games he's shone in were against Israel, the Faroe Islands and a charity match against a Polish 2nd string team...not exactly top quality opponents

2/ my take on Patterson is that he might be deployed as a useful winger - because he defo is not a defender of any standard right now

Other than that...

Remember when Coleman used to play in front of Hibbert.

Remember when Coleman used to play in front of Hibbert.
I do yeah.

I actually thought it harsh when he was sent out to Blackpool, but Moyes got that spot on. Coleman came back a much better player for it. Positionally he was more aware than he had been (not hard tbf!) and he was defo a better player linking up with the players around him to manage attacks of opponents and bring the ball away.

Exactly the move that Patterson requires in fact.

Other than that...
Exactly what we did in dogs of war season to stay up...

I didn't watch the game, but I'm just glad he got some game time. He needs to play to get better. But I'm not worried about him, he has plenty of time.

He needs to be used when we play twice a week during the run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.