2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honesty think Coleman hasn’t been as bad as people make out, it’s a fair point he’s been key in our last two wins.

He had a poor game Vs Spurs, but then who had a good one.

He could do with support mind, we’ve been flogging him to death, Ireland will to, then we’re heading into a period of two games per week. Maybe we can use this lads legs at some point.

The way I see it and it’s always been this way, in a relegation fight, managers always veer away from players they may have to compensate for and stick with expirence and play the percentages because results are vital, this is the thing with Patterson. It’s the same at Norwich with Gilmour who is outstanding in my view. Never mind Patterson Alli can’t get a run for the same reason and he’s played in big Tournaments and the CL final.

He’s had key moments in two recent victories. But also started an absolute shocking amount of defeats as well.

He’s had key moments in two recent victories. But also started an absolute shocking amount of defeats as well.

But you can say that about every player, yet not every player has been clutch to two recent victories.

We need points lads and the lad has contributed to the last 6. He needs help though and a role for Patterson shouldn’t be all or nothing - if he’s competent at this level…….

But you can say that about every player, yet not every player has been clutch to two recent victories.

We need points lads and the lad has contributed to the last 6. He needs help though and a role for Patterson shouldn’t be all or nothing - if he’s competent at this level…….

Why would you have to say it about every player? It’s not like Coleman is the only Everton player fans think should be rotated out is it. Him putting in a couple of tackles to help the team shouldn’t cover up the other billion poor performances and defeats. Where was Coleman in the cup at the weekend when we got mullered by Crystal Palace?

And you are think that would be better at Everton??
Not sure. And I know thid is off topic, so i'll respond once only. My point was that I didn't think that comment was fair on Gilmour. We all know that the Prem is the bestest ever league in the world ever, but saying he only looks good in internationals because he can't cut it in the prem doesn't seem fair. He looked brilliant when playing for Chelsea. He won't be the first outstanding player that has gone to a team and it hasn't worked out.

Why would you have to say it about every player? It’s not like Coleman is the only Everton player fans think should be rotated out is it. Him putting in a couple of tackles to help the team shouldn’t cover up the other billion poor performances and defeats. Where was Coleman in the cup at the weekend when we got mullered by Crystal Palace?

Duh - because 11 players also played through defeats. But not every player has contributed to clutch moments for a direct outcome to a result, or the same direct contribution frequency.

That’s your opinion mate, wouldn’t agree with.

I’d also suggest young Paterson has been unlucky with the poor squad building of our last DOF, we’ve been short at full backs both sides for beards, certainly since Baines and Sibide left. It was stupid sending Neills on loan. Selling Digne was the height of stupidly, that’s on Benitez.

The outcome is we have a rookie left back and Jonjo, so we have a weak left side that’s being targeted. Part of the reason he isn’t getting a run, is in my view we don’t want an inexperienced left and right hand side as it undermines the whole unit - such as it is. Football is systemic so the issue is a whole lot more broader then a simple Coleman Vs Patterson.

Maybe if Baines or Digne were there we could roll the dice on young Patterson, but we have a rookie left side, yet in our current position the equation works the opposite way, we an option of an experienced full back on right side compensating for the left, contributing to wins, thus Coleman is going to be default really and I can understand that logic.

Not polarising the debate, because we need all the help we can get, Coleman needs support as he’s going to be in the red zone with fatigue, so I hope this lad can support him…..

Last edited:

Duh - because 11 players also played through defeats. But not every player has contributed to clutch moments for a direct outcome to a result, or the same direct contribution frequency.

That’s your opinion mate, wouldn’t agree with.

I’d also suggest young Paterson has been unlucky with the poor squad building of our last DOF, we’ve been short at full backs both sides for beards, certainly since Baines and Sibide left. It was stupid sending Neills on loan. Selling Digne was the height of stupidly, that’s on Benitez.

The outcome is we have a rookie left back and Jonjo, so we have a weak left side that’s being targeted. Part of the reason he isn’t getting a run, is in my view we don’t want an inexperienced left and right hand side as it undermines the whole unit - such as it is. Football is systemic so the issue is a whole lot more broader then a simple Coleman Vs Patterson.

Maybe if Baines or Digne were there we could roll the dice on young Patterson, but we have a rookie left side, an option on experienced right side contributing to wind, thus Coleman is going to be default really and I can understand that logic.

Not polarising the debate, because we need all the help we can get, Coleman needs support as he’s going to be in the red zone with fatigue, so I hope this lad can support him…..

That would all make sense if Mykolenko is our starter LB but he isn’t so I’m not really sure you know what you’re on about.

Scotland have some good players tbf

McGinn
Tierney
Che Adams
All premier League starters

Grant Hanley too
Too right. Also:
McTominey- Man U
Armstrong- Southampton
Gilmour- don't care what the Norwich fans say the boy is class...
Hickey- currently tearing up Serie A for bog roll
Hendry- Brugge, recently tidied up Messi, Neymar and Mm-bop, when Brugge beat PSG
Pstterson- who should be a regular prem starter.
I know a lot of you lads won't rate the Scottish team. If it wasn't for that shocking penalty decision last night, that would be 7 wins on the bounce for us. I was never a fan of Clarke, but disastrous Euro campaign aside, we've been doing alright and actually look like a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.