2017/18 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's worth taking a risk on. Italy would be a good spot for him I agree. Pace is slower and he's got skill, just needs a run of games. He need more athleticism, more pace, he's simply surplus to requirements at this point for us.

He has a great low centre of gravity and has a lovely way of turning away from players and carrying the ball, but he's got so many holes in his game - passing is really poor for a centre mid, doesn't read the game as well as you'd like, seems to have a snarl about him but never really seems as tenacious in the challenge as someone like McCarthy or Gana. Always thought he was worth persevering with because of that lovely way he carries the ball and his ability to twist and turn in tight spaces, but he's never really kicked on - a lot of that might be because of fitness issues and/or not being given enough of a chance, but I think we're at the point now where a parting of the ways is best for both of us. He can't be too far off the end of his contract?

Similar to Rhu-endly (ie Cuco), Besic is a somewhat polarising figure. Some do not rate him very highly, whilst one or two others would start him in Everton’s all time first XI (Premier League era).
Both Mo and Rhu-endly would certainly not be out of place in such a fantasy team, but, for me, the jury is still out.

Get what we can for him and wish him well with his new club, hoped it would work for him but don't really remember him having too much influence especially for a centre mid.

He would be playing midfield for me every week.

I don't care if he has flaws (and he does) he moves around, is not afraid to receive a pass and has a bit of leadership to him.

Him and Gueye swarming around Rooney, capably backed up by Davies and Baningime.

Do one Schniederlin. I can't even be bothered to check if I am spelling your name right any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.