Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate.

Besic is basically Osman with a lot less skill but a bit more muscle. And Nancy boy tattoos. He's just not very good so far better to bin him off now and bank a bit of cash as opposed to have him stagnate and be disruptive.

If we need a goal with 5 minutes to play I'd rather bring on McGeady or Pienaar.

The only game Besic should be primed for would be the third round of the cup away at Gillingham or something. Start him in that and let him flex his little pecs.

EX8XuGa.png

Will be in our first team before the season is out. Whoever said Jags could do a job in defensive mid needs their head testing. He wasn't good enough to do that 9 years ago never mind now. Crazy talk.

He was alright last night , fitted nicely into their team kept the ball moving , didn't lose possession but at the same did not have a major impact on the game.

However, that is probably his first competitive game since last season and when you consider this he looked ready to play and didn't seem particularly rusty. I would probably give him a 6.

In the longer term I am far from convinced that he will be a mainstay in our team for years to come but it is unfair to judge just yet as this recent injury will have been a real setback.

On a slightly different note, I thought the Irish midfield was crying out for Gibson last night. The luck of the Irish was never more true than getting a penalty which imo was not a penalty at all. We were struggling to retain possession and kept giving the ball away. Last night the opposition was weak if we play like that against better teams we will be slaughtered. We need to bring our better footballers into the team and if Gibson can stay fit then he must come in.

his role for bosnia is a bit different, more defensive. He's relied upon as the deep defensive mid, rather than the more box-to-box version he plays for us.

Some really bizarre comments in here...

Besic is a class player, absolutely ideal for one of the two DM positions and as I've said before will likely be competing with McCarthy for one slot next season when Barkley drops back.

How some cant see his quality is beyond me.

Jesus, imagine McCarthy and Besic in the middle, 2 cold hearted killers.

He's not in the same league as McCarthy though is he?

I honestly don't think he's shown anything yet to justify the love-in.

To me he seems limited.

Would happily take £5m for him in the window.

I don't know what it is about Besic but he seems to polarise opinons.
He is either the second coming of the messiah for some or an absolute waste of space for others.

I think that( as is usually the case ) the truth is somewhere in the middle.
He is a young player with potential to become a good defensive midfielder.
Techically his game is aready in place, but it will be how he develops his positioning, timing and discipline
that will determine what level of player he will eventually become.

Some think he is ready to displace Barry or McCarthy , but at the moment he isn't close. A consistent run of games in the first team is needed
and I think that we will see Besic and Barry rotate as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.