Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D- Watch more football.

No mate.

Besic is basically Osman with a lot less skill but a bit more muscle. And Nancy boy tattoos. He's just not very good so far better to bin him off now and bank a bit of cash as opposed to have him stagnate and be disruptive.

If we need a goal with 5 minutes to play I'd rather bring on McGeady or Pienaar.

The only game Besic should be primed for would be the third round of the cup away at Gillingham or something. Start him in that and let him flex his little pecs.

No mate.

Besic is basically Osman with a lot less skill but a bit more muscle. And Nancy boy tattoos. He's just not very good so far better to bin him off now and bank a bit of cash as opposed to have him stagnate and be disruptive.

If we need a goal with 5 minutes to play I'd rather bring on McGeady or Pienaar.

The only game Besic should be primed for would be the third round of the cup away at Gillingham or something. Start him in that and let him flex his little pecs.

Proper nonce you

D- Watch more football.

Mate he's like a Bosnian version of Harry Styles. Give him some faded jeans and a microphone and he'd fit in perfectly at the next Eurovision Contest.

Nothing wrong with all that but I want more skill and bite in our midfield.

Lambert was rumoured to have been after him at Villa so perhaps now at Blackburn he will ask for a loan.

In our central midfield you'd have

Barry
McCartney
Claverley
Gibson
Osman

All miles ahead of him. Even Naismith in a central attacking role or maybe someone like Jags in an emergency defensive position would be better.

Mate he's like a Bosnian version of Harry Styles. Give him some faded jeans and a microphone and he'd fit in perfectly at the next Eurovision Contest.

Lambert was rumoured to have been after him at Villa so perhaps now at Blackburn he will ask for a loan.

Barry
McCartney
Claverley
Gibson
Osman

All miles ahead of him. Even Naismith in a central attacking role or maybe someone like Jags in an emergency defensive position would be better.

LOL sums up why you haven't seen him play if you think he doesn't offer any bite. Personal attacks are completely warranted when you're being a proper pile of spooge

Just take a bit of time off mate. Watch how he plays a few games, then come back and tell us who you'd rather have...

Barry
McCartney
Claverley
Gibson
Osman

Barry
McCartney
Claverley
Gibson
Osman

You've lost it mate. The lad needs to be given a good run of games before a proper judgement can be made.

Haven't seen hardly anything of him, so am not going to comment on his quality, but do folk really think he has a future with EFC? I think he should look to move on, perhaps go on loan to a prem club for a season. Just feels like he's well down the pecking order at the moment and it would be a shame to see fester in the rezzies.

Haven't seen hardly anything of him, so am not going to comment on his quality, but do folk really think he has a future with EFC? I think he should look to move on, perhaps go on loan to a prem club for a season. Just feels like he's well down the pecking order at the moment and it would be a shame to see fester in the rezzies.

Loan from Jan-Summer might be an option but with our injury track record we're pretty short on cover if Barry's form drops. As you say none of us have really seen a lot of him to form any real opinion of him but I believe the qualities he's shown for his country and the few starts he gets for us give me sufficient hope he could prove valuable to the squad. Barry might be playing well now but it only takes another season like last and he'll need replacing.

If you check the stats out (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/muhamed-besic/leistungsdaten/spieler/93905) he's only been fit for 5 games this season; one of those gave him his most recent injury, 1 he played the full 120 minutes & the other 3 on the bench due to the form of Barry and Martinez's love of McCarthy. Saying Besic deserves to be sold is harsh on this season's form since, well, he hasn't had any games to show what he can do. People really need to remember he's actually a centre-half and only converted to DM last summer at the WC. He has less that I'd say 20 club appearances playing that position and hardly any of them as a starter so he's still learning the trade and can only benefit from training with the likes of Barry. We can't expect magic from him every game whilst he's young & learning. Plus he cost us £4m not £40m - why such lofty standards to reach?

Plus he's got boss tattoos and snaps everyone.

He was alright last night , fitted nicely into their team kept the ball moving , didn't lose possession but at the same did not have a major impact on the game.

However, that is probably his first competitive game since last season and when you consider this he looked ready to play and didn't seem particularly rusty. I would probably give him a 6.

In the longer term I am far from convinced that he will be a mainstay in our team for years to come but it is unfair to judge just yet as this recent injury will have been a real setback.

On a slightly different note, I thought the Irish midfield was crying out for Gibson last night. The luck of the Irish was never more true than getting a penalty which imo was not a penalty at all. We were struggling to retain possession and kept giving the ball away. Last night the opposition was weak if we play like that against better teams we will be slaughtered. We need to bring our better footballers into the team and if Gibson can stay fit then he must come in.

He's easily good enough for our midfield. Second half last night was not his moment to shine, imo. Bosnia chasing the game meant he had to try and get on the ball and make things happen. If Bosnia were protecting a goal lead last night - or on level terms - it'd have been more of a test of his ability.

He's shown enough in an Everton shirt to suggest he's got the talent to come in and break up attacks and keep the ball moving in the right direction. Martinez type of CM player, no question. I expect him to be pushing Barry and McCarthy all the way in the second half of the season. He will definitely be given his chance.

fans moaning about Besic will be the same numpties who slated kone, clev and joel etc before they were given decent opportunities in the first team.
kone has now had a decent run of games and forced his way into the starting 11, majority of everton fans have warmed to cleverley, and I think 99.9% of us are now calling for joel to be picked instead of howard!

give the lad a chance ffs.

Since when did we become a team where as fans we can actually say stuff like Beisc isn't good enough and we should get rid of him in the next window? Like actually look at the state of our squad. We've got people like McGeady and Pienaar soaking up wages and you want this guy gone because he's been injured and hasn't scored from the half-way line yet. You're all meffs.

I haven't lived in Liverpool for 17 years so the "You're all meffs" comment has proper cracked me up!! Actually laughed out loud at my desk!! I forgot that was a massive part of my vocab growing up. Any others that will get me memory going?

He was the only bright spark in the league from Dec-Feb when everything about our game was rotting and we were well on our way to relegation ..

untill RM finally realized the trouble we were in and went 442 against newcastle, Besic was carrying the side in terms of work rate & effort for every minute he was on. Subbing him off in games was going to be RMs downfall at one stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.