Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.png

He was better against City, he took less risks.

I still dont understand that people cant see this risky play too his game.....and a Martinez midfield does not take risks with the ball.

I still dont understand that people cant see this risky play too his game.....and a Martinez midfield does not take risks with the ball.

Actually quite a few see the risky play to his game. But that's what we need. Someone who has the ability in midfield to create something out of nothing. The possession tactic just is not working this season. All too often the ball is being passed to the wings, back to the defense, then to the other wing, back to the defense. And so it carries on with bugger all being created. You can see this season the opposition are happy to push on against us as they know we are lacking in creativity, they know we will play the ball back to the defense/keeper or lose possession as there is a lack of work rate from players, so no one to pass it too in the final 3rd. This guy can only get better.

Then it should start doing so if players ahead aren't going to move. Otherwise we are committing no one and it's a piece of piss to defend against.

I wish I was. I clearly know more about football than that manager of ours.
Very telling on Saturday, sky sports, commentator "there goes Distin making a big run up field" Gary Neville "yeah, before he passes it back 50 yards" a second later he passes it back to Jags Gary Neville "there you go !"

Then it should start doing so if players ahead aren't going to move. Otherwise we are committing no one and it's a piece of piss to defend against.

Its not for the midfield 2 to start taking chances at all, that puts pressure on the centre backs, its the wide area's that need to commit more.

Actually quite a few see the risky play to his game. But that's what we need. Someone who has the ability in midfield to create something out of nothing. The possession tactic just is not working this season. All too often the ball is being passed to the wings, back to the defense, then to the other wing, back to the defense. And so it carries on with bugger all being created. You can see this season the opposition are happy to push on against us as they know we are lacking in creativity, they know we will play the ball back to the defense/keeper or lose possession as there is a lack of work rate from players, so no one to pass it too in the final 3rd. This guy can only get better.

Well when Ross tries stuff, and it doesnt work....he gets destroyed for it!!

Its not a job for 1 of the 2 midfielders to take risks, not in the way we play.

Its not for the midfield 2 to start taking chances at all, that puts pressure on the centre backs, its the wide area's that need to commit more.
One of the midfield two can take risks if you have a mobile midfield two. McCarthy or Besic can commit players safe in the knowledge one is covering the other.

One of the midfield two can take risks if you have a mobile midfield two. McCarthy or Besic can commit players safe in the knowledge one is covering the other.

Yes course they could, but they dont, not 1 of them did last season. So I cant see Bobby now wanting them to take risks.

Hence him at times prefering a player that will not take risks, in Osman.

Yes course they could, but they dont, not 1 of them did last season. So I cant see Bobby now wanting them to take risks.

Hence him at times prefering a player that will not take risks, in Osman.
Osman does take quite a lot of risks I think, but doesn't always execute. But that's another discussion.
Martinez needs to pick his form midfielders if they're fit and that's not Barry or Osman. It would give us a bit more dynamism in the middle and would get us driving up the pitch more.

Osman does take quite a lot of risks I think, but doesn't always execute. But that's another discussion.
Martinez needs to pick his form midfielders if they're fit and that's not Barry or Osman. It would give us a bit more dynamism in the middle and would get us driving up the pitch more.

I dont think Ossy takes any risks at all, its just his slow play, and lack of power than makes him lose the ball in simple situations, or fail to make the pass.

I kind of agree with you, but I can see why Martinez keeps bringing him off, the way we play, he is too risky.

I dont think Ossy takes any risks at all, its just his slow play, and lack of power than makes him lose the ball in simple situations, or fail to make the pass.

I kind of agree with you, but I can see why Martinez keeps bringing him off, the way we play, he is too risky.
None of the team are taking enough risks. It's all very safe which is why it spends years at the back before Howard lumps it forward. He needs to refine his game and know when to take risks, we will agree on that but I don't want him to iron out all the risk in his play.

None of the team are taking enough risks. It's all very safe which is why it spends years at the back before Howard lumps it forward. He needs to refine his game and know when to take risks, we will agree on that but I don't want him to iron out all the risk in his play.

Against Hull he was taking loads of risks, thats why he come off.

I like him, alot.

Fullbacks and wide area's are not doing enough. Meaning pressure is put on the central players to 'take risks'.

Status
Not open for further replies.