2020/21 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we couldn't properly develop Barkley and then also people like Besic, Vlasic, Lookman, it could be something is up in coaching and mentoring. We definitely messed up some contracts and management of players, but also had a very confused transfer and development policy during the last 6 years which has not helped some players and wasted money for us
On the other hand,
I dont know why we're still talking about Besic and Ancelotti, apart from that I hope we learn lessons from examples like this!

I almost think there will be a back story here that comes out in 10 years or so .. how a player that looked so promising and delivered such an incredible performance against City can all of a sudden be so useless he couldn't play ahead of some of the players we have put out, I won't understand.
To me .. either badly managed or badly coached.. or badly influenced.

See it all time with players from all over not all have the mentality dedication or just unable to be at their best 100% throughout a career. From injuries to out side influences and sometimes both.

Didn't work out, just let it go.

If I read once more how he "Marked Messi out of the game" or was "Amazing against Man City" I'll chuck my phone at the wall.

Everton fans are definitely the Premier League champions at seeing players that are nowhere near as good as they imagine.

He wasn't even a certain starter during his championship loans. Whether that's footballing ability or mental attitude I don't know.

I'm just relieved it's no longer our problem.

A poor buy for the league. His unfortunate first touch will be my abiding memory of him. A player who will no doubt have a decent career in a lesser league and whose name we'll come across when he plays in Europe. As with most Everton players, I wish him well in the future.

A poor buy for the league. His unfortunate first touch will be my abiding memory of him. A player who will no doubt have a decent career in a lesser league and whose name we'll come across when he plays in Europe. As with most Everton players, I wish him well in the future.

I thought at the time, it was an excellent signing.

He was young, had a bit of bite, and looked like he played football the Martinez way. He just got decimated from injuries, and didn't live up to expectation. We've only got ourselves to blame, for handing him a 5-year deal, after a handful of appearances.

Moral of the story? Don't sign players off the back of a world cup, because it rarely goes well.

Didn't work out, just let it go.

If I read once more how he "Marked Messi out of the game" or was "Amazing against Man City" I'll chuck my phone at the wall.

Everton fans are definitely the Premier League champions at seeing players that are nowhere near as good as they imagine.

He wasn't even a certain starter during his championship loans. Whether that's footballing ability or mental attitude I don't know.

I'm just relieved it's no longer our problem.

The fact them 2 moments are so talked about sums him up. One of them he wasn't even playing for us. Basically he had one good game in 7 years. I think he was to flimsy for this league and the way he played.

I thought at the time, it was an excellent signing.

He was young, had a bit of bite, and looked like he played football the Martinez way. He just got decimated from injuries, and didn't live up to expectation. We've only got ourselves to blame, for handing him a 5-year deal, after a handful of appearances.

Moral of the story? Don't sign players off the back of a world cup, because it rarely goes well.
I thought the same and thought he might have what it took. I half hoped he'd be somewhat of a Tim Cahill player. Alas...

I have no idea how much in-depth research was put into the player before they bought him. It seems like an indication in hindsight of a move from the thorough scouting under Moyes to a seemingly more haphazard approach to player acquisition.

I thought the same and thought he might have what it took. I half hoped he'd be somewhat of a Tim Cahill player. Alas...

I have no idea how much in-depth research was put into the player before they bought him. It seems like an indication in hindsight of a move from the thorough scouting under Moyes to a seemingly more haphazard approach to player acquisition.

I mean, everything surrounding the recruitment of Besic, is absolutely fine to me.

£4m, which is relatively risk free, stocks were high, and his wages were low. But what Martinez was thinking, giving him a double your money, 5-year deal is bizarre really, especially on the back of 39 games.

But there's so much national pride for so many players, and to play in a a world cup, everyone is going to elevate their game tenfold, see Mina, who plays like Maldini whenever he plays for Colombia.

Status
Not open for further replies.