2020/21 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
WxXzEfx.jpg

FA CUP 2045
The good old semi-final medal?

I always wonder about players like Besic. By the time he retires he will have made a good living out of the game but will have achieved nowhere near what his ability perhaps merited. In his case was it a bad move for him to come to Everton at the time, and his contract is too good for him to leave elsewhere, or has he just been stuck in that cycle.

Slightly different but similar story for someone like Matthew Pennington, and probably so many others at Everton. We seem to have a habit of stagnating a player's career.
In fairness to Besic, he was doing fine with us initially. He wasn't a worldbeater but remember he was only a kid when he joined us. he's still only 28 now.

But he had 2 really bad injuries, the first a hamstring tear that saw him miss 6 months action, and a cruciate tear a year later that saw him miss most of a season. He never came back from them.

Regardless of ability it must be embarrassing that he’s available but can’t make a bench that isn’t filled. It’s the same scenario as Bolasie who for the record I’d have had on the bench when we couldn’t fill it
Does besic train with the team

I always wonder about players like Besic. By the time he retires he will have made a good living out of the game but will have achieved nowhere near what his ability perhaps merited. In his case was it a bad move for him to come to Everton at the time, and his contract is too good for him to leave elsewhere, or has he just been stuck in that cycle.

Slightly different but similar story for someone like Matthew Pennington, and probably so many others at Everton. We seem to have a habit of stagnating a player's career.
A lot of players who have played for Everton have achieved very little (sad but true), to non supporters of the club they’l say what medals did they win?

Regardless of ability it must be embarrassing that he’s available but can’t make a bench that isn’t filled. It’s the same scenario as Bolasie who for the record I’d have had on the bench when we couldn’t fill it
Does besic train with the team
Bolasie is on loan at Middlesbrough, not sure they would approve of him being a sub for us as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.