2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know what it is about the lad, gets motm nearly every time he turns out for us yet people want him sold when our other deep midfield options are Schneiderfraud, Gueye (who can’t pick a forward pass), McCarthy (who actually is injury prone and also cantnpick a forward pass), Davies (like Besic without the two feet, pace, aggression, defensive discipline and passing range), Baningime (too raw to know yet) and Klaasen (lol). Yeah, let’s sell Besic though before any of them, he keeps playing well apart from that time he did his ligament so let’s sell him.
This

Don’t know what it is about the lad, gets motm nearly every time he turns out for us yet people want him sold when our other deep midfield options are Schneiderfraud, Gueye (who can’t pick a forward pass), McCarthy (who actually is injury prone and also cantnpick a forward pass), Davies (like Besic without the two feet, pace, aggression, defensive discipline and passing range), Baningime (too raw to know yet) and Klaasen (lol). Yeah, let’s sell Besic though before any of them, he keeps playing well apart from that time he did his ligament so let’s sell him.

Logged in just to bump this! He had me at his first 6 touches.

As you can tell by my pic, I am a little biased, but after the first two seasons I was willing to move on because I thought the injuries took too much of his athleticism from him. However, this preseason he has shown to still be able to play and I think he should be the primary back up for Schneiderlin (who I am still not sold on). I think Marco can bring the best out of him and I hope he stays with us and is given another chance.

The lads got a lot of talent. The issue is you can see he's spent a lot of time honing his game in a weaker league, so there are gaps and there is also probably a lack of awareness of how to maximise that talent.

I said a few pages back, he and Davies will benefit a lot from Silva, as he will give both structure. When you can do everything (and I believe both can, particularly Besic) there is a tendency to try and do it all in a single game. When he'd come off the bench he'd try and do it all in 30 minutes. It led to him forcing the game too much. Silva will give them both a structure to work from and then their quality should begin to show.

Seamus Coleman was a bit like that as well. I remember Moyes saying something like "he's a young 23" as he had an unorthodox route and the same is probably true for Besic. If silva can calm him down, give him some assurance so he doesn't force the game, he will benefit enormously, as his quality will shine through. He can tackle and pass, but also influence the game at both ends. He needs a bit of luck with injuries too.

As you can tell by my pic, I am a little biased, but after the first two seasons I was willing to move on because I thought the injuries took too much of his athleticism from him. However, this preseason he has shown to still be able to play and I think he should be the primary back up for Schneiderlin (who I am still not sold on). I think Marco can bring the best out of him and I hope he stays with us and is given another chance.
I can see you and @MarcelsGoat in the Lisbon enjoying several pints together :drunk:

I thought we'd sell him because we just have so many centre mids, especially when snides seemed to be staying and we would be buying a new box to box.

Does this mean no new center mid? I would be disappointed if there's not.

I can see you and @MarcelsGoat in the Lisbon enjoying several pints together :drunk:

I love the boy.

I waivered slightly at the end of the season, even though he was impressive at Boro I honestly didnt see Silva giving him a chance and I thought it would be better for him if he moved on. But and I know its only pre-season, hes been very impressive so far, showing all his strengths and some of his weaknesses to be fair, but I just love the way he plays football and I think hes a very talented boy.

I honestly dont enjoy it when hes on the pitch tho, im always so nervous that he will make a mistake or get injured, not cos I think he makes a lot of mistakes or I think hes injury prone, kinda like I do when im watching the boy play footy, but I just want him to shine every minute of every game.

I get that hes not everybodys cup of tea, but even his harshest critic must admit hes played very well so far and hes certainly earned a place in the squad at the very least.

I thought we'd sell him because we just have so many centre mids, especially when snides seemed to be staying and we would be buying a new box to box.

Does this mean no new center mid? I would be disappointed if there's not.

Do you think we need a new CM?

Cos I do, so if I can see we need a new CM, I hope and pray our Manager can.

Do you think we need a new CM?

Cos I do, so if I can see we need a new CM, I hope and pray our Manager can.

Without a shred of a doubt, I'm ok with keeping schneiderlin as a backup because we don't have any other sitters, but it seems like he's staying, besic is staying, Davies won't be going anywhere, nobody will buy Mccarthy this summer and then I hope to god we don't sell gueye.

We also have Baningime and connolly on the fringes, although hopefully both will go on loan, but that leaves 5/7 vying for two positions, who will make way for another?

I think we'll get a new centre mid in, there does seem a few links still stuttering around.

Without a shred of a doubt, I'm ok with keeping schneiderlin as a backup because we don't have any other sitters, but it seems like he's staying, besic is staying, Davies won't be going anywhere, nobody will buy Mccarthy this summer and then I hope to god we don't sell gueye.

We also have Baningime and connolly on the fringes, although hopefully both will go on loan, but that leaves 5/7 vying for two positions, who will make way for another?

I think we'll get a new centre mid in, there does seem a few links still stuttering around.

Still utterly convinced Gana will be visiting puntsville.

Still utterly convinced Gana will be visiting puntsville.

Please no. I think we need him as our little badger scurrying around winning the ball.
But Silva said something about two sitters, which he is not.

I dunno, I have the feeling we may go with what we've got for centre mid options until jan and then see who's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.