2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Besic has a much better change of luck with us regards injuries. I think he could do a good job for us as he has steel and style....he showed how he could pick a pass even in the few cameos we saw when he was first here. God knows, we could do with someone who can also tough it out properly rather than the faux hardknocks like Williams. The peril of cards was always there when he had games for us so I hope as well that that aspect of his game has diluted whilst retaining the element of grit. Really hope hes caught Silva's eye and comes good for us.

He’s a genuinely good player, with a good attitude. We need some more of those.

Better work rate than Schneiderlin, better passer than Schneiderlin, better driving forward and defending than Schneiderlin. Deserves a place.
Fixed your comment for you.

Mo has always been a talented player. He is an around midfielder player, with enormous allround ability. He can pass, dribble, tackle and looks up for a big game. He also has a decent shot and can beat a man.

In an odd way he reminds me of Davies, he has lots of ability too and both get around the pitch. However, a little like Davies I think he has been prone to try a little too hard. Part of that, I have to say will have been the Koeman culture of trying to bomb lads out. For a younger player it will cause people to try and push things to make an impression. For me in the games last season he was trying to do far too much, too many hollywood balls, too busy trying to seek out a big tackle to make an impression and not enough just doing simple things well enough.

Like I've said with Davies this manager should help that. He looks happier to coach players and give them a clear indication of positioning without the ball. He doesn't look to take it for granted players know this. Basic like Davies will probably benefit from this. It will give him structure and a basis to build his game on and a basis that should allow his better quality to shine through.

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on a new midfielder. Maybe Besic has surprised a few. He needs a run when he's fit. I'd be delighted to see him being given an opportunity. There is a good, if a little unorthodox player in there. As has been said, his performance against Manchester City was very good. I also remember a home derby game, where he helped us win the midfield battle for a rare time. If he can get close to those performances he will be fine for us. There is a lot more to his game than Gana and Schneiderlin (and I'm a fan of both) but they both know their games better than MO so put in more consistent displays. However if he gets his head right he can push both.
How on Earth can you state Schneiderlin is consistent in his displays?

That says more for our midfield personnel than anything else.

17 games for Boro, 1 goal and 1 assist. Maybe that’s ok for where he plays?

I’d love to be proven wrong on him.
There are a couple of problems with Besic. Firstly he’s injury prone, no matter how talented a player is if you’re injured for numerous games every season then basically you need to get shut. Secondly his positional awareness and discipline for playing deep lying midfield role hasn’t been good. If he can overcome both of those, then he’d be a real asset but it’s a big ask imho.

There are a couple of problems with Besic. Firstly he’s injury prone, no matter how talented a player is if you’re injured for numerous games every season then basically you need to get shut. Secondly his positional awareness and discipline for playing deep lying midfield role hasn’t been good. If he can overcome both of those, then he’d be a real asset but it’s a big ask imho.
Already proven earlier in the thread, to even my surprise, that this injury prone thing is a myth.

Both he and Ramirez have done a good job of stating their cases thus far. If they can maintain and build on this form in the coming games then I feel they will be in the first team squad at the least come Wolves.

Should be in our first 11!
If we’re going to line up with 1 attacking midfielder, 1 defensive midfielder and 1 ‘box to box’ then we don’t have anyone better for that box to box role. He’s streets ahead of Davies!

I agree.

We should go for the trio of Gana, Sig, Besic in the middle.

Gana as a Ball-winner
Besic box-to-box
Sig as the Advanced playmaker

anyone notice how many quality over the top balls he done over the weekend? must have done half a dozen perfectly weighted ones

I like him me, such a shame abar his injury records because there is definitely a good player in there

Status
Not open for further replies.