2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

You'd think he was playing like he has a contract coming up...

Mo has always been a talented player. He is an around midfielder player, with enormous allround ability. He can pass, dribble, tackle and looks up for a big game. He also has a decent shot and can beat a man.

In an odd way he reminds me of Davies, he has lots of ability too and both get around the pitch. However, a little like Davies I think he has been prone to try a little too hard. Part of that, I have to say will have been the Koeman culture of trying to bomb lads out. For a younger player it will cause people to try and push things to make an impression. For me in the games last season he was trying to do far too much, too many hollywood balls, too busy trying to seek out a big tackle to make an impression and not enough just doing simple things well enough.

Like I've said with Davies this manager should help that. He looks happier to coach players and give them a clear indication of positioning without the ball. He doesn't look to take it for granted players know this. Basic like Davies will probably benefit from this. It will give him structure and a basis to build his game on and a basis that should allow his better quality to shine through.

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on a new midfielder. Maybe Besic has surprised a few. He needs a run when he's fit. I'd be delighted to see him being given an opportunity. There is a good, if a little unorthodox player in there. As has been said, his performance against Manchester City was very good. I also remember a home derby game, where he helped us win the midfield battle for a rare time. If he can get close to those performances he will be fine for us. There is a lot more to his game than Gana and Schneiderlin (and I'm a fan of both) but they both know their games better than MO so put in more consistent displays. However if he gets his head right he can push both.

Besic is neat and tidy, and a very good technical player 85% of the time. For the other 15% he is an absolute liability and will cost us goals in the premiership if he played an extended amount of games.

I’m not sure if that 15% can be coached out of him or not, if it can he’s a great little player

Never been fit in the in 4 years he's been sucking up wages.

For all that apparent ability and being an ‘enigma’ he looks to have some form of ill-discipline in him that will present itself. whether that be a crazy horse tackle or a complicated pass in a bad area.

Played enough for Boro last year in the championship and instead of going for Mo, they went out and got Paddy McNair.

[QUOTE="Bob Latchford, post: 6441969, member: 16883"

Played enough for Boro last year in the championship and instead of going for Mo, they went out and got Paddy McNair.[/QUOTE]
Maybe he wasn’t for sale? They couldn’t afford him? He didn’t want to go? Who knows right?

For all that apparent ability and being an ‘enigma’ he looks to have some form of ill-discipline in him that will present itself. whether that be a crazy horse tackle or a complicated pass in a bad area.

Played enough for Boro last year in the championship and instead of going for Mo, they went out and got Paddy McNair.

Best deep playing midfield performance I've seen at Everton for a long time vs Lille.

Has stuff in his locker that nobody else has in terms of creativity.

I think he’s always needed maturity in his game and to calm down a bit, also a good run free of injuries which he got at Middlesbrough.

He’s got the ability which we’ve all seen and he has a good bit of pace. If he’s sorted himself out there could be a good player there.

Let’s be honest, he’s nowhere near the standard we need.

Good to see him doing OK in a friendly. Hopefully that might attract some interest. We might actually get a couple of million for him, which is better than the dire situation we’re in with Mirallas, Williams, McCarthey, Sandro & Klaasen, as I cannot see any prospect of shifting them without subsidising their wages.

They could only afford him if they got promotion.

[QUOTE="Bob Latchford, post: 6441969, member: 16883"

Maybe he wasn’t for sale? They couldn’t afford him? He didn’t want to go? Who knows right?[/QUOTE]

He didn’t shine though.
I’d love him to be the missing link and kick on and be brilliant for us.

Who knows if he was/is available.
Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.