2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone notice how many quality over the top balls he done over the weekend? must have done half a dozen perfectly weighted ones

I like him me, such a shame abar his injury records because there is definitely a good player in there

Doesn't surprise me at all as he is a very gifted footballer, always has been.

His injuries are not the issue for me (they have not helped as he has bad luck getting them at the worst possible times) its his decision making. If he can figure out that its not the best idea to try a raking cross field pass in our own area then we will have a quality player on our hands. I reckon Silva realizes this and one of his strong points is supposed to be getting inside players heads so fingers crossed...

We've been here before with this fella haven't we? Glimpses of a real player but going into his fifth season here and he's not been able to hold a regular place in the team or achieve anything of note since day one, whether through injury, form or managers not picking him. He still has most fans on his side which is some feat after all that time and it wouldn't be hard for him to have his best season yet this one but I'd be amazed if he came good now myself.

Doesn't surprise me at all as he is a very gifted footballer, always has been.

His injuries are not the issue for me (they have not helped as he has bad luck getting them at the worst possible times) its his decision making. If he can figure out that its not the best idea to try a raking cross field pass in our own area then we will have a quality player on our hands. I reckon Silva realizes this and one of his strong points is supposed to be getting inside players heads so fingers crossed...
I agree. I think we now have a manager who coaches people as well as tactics. If the player has ability, I think Silva will work on getting the most out of him.

At the end of last season I was happy for Besic to be sold. I'm equally happy for him to stay if Silva thinks he can get the best out of him. If he can, then a new contract is in order and he can save us money in the transfer market. Question is, can we afford to stave off bringing in another creative midfielder whilst we're gambling on Mo's form and fitness?

At least Besic is aggressive and tries to leave a mark on a game( sometimes too literally).
Schneiderlin for me although a good player seems to be happy as part of the game but is not the dominant midfielder the team badly needs. I don't see him in a Silva team long term.

I've always thought Mo when fully fit is a decent player, has a bit of bite about him, puts in a shift and can thread a pass, I can see a place for him in the squad, depends if he's one earmarked to sell, certainly wouldn't let him go cheap.

Besic to me has played well enough this pre season to warrant a place in this squad. His passing is much more forward thinking the Schneiderlin. I'd like to see him given time with the 1st team regulars on thursday night to see if he can continue his good pre season.

ill be devo'd if he doesn't get a chance all these players we have
that put no effort in what so ever, love the man he was only here like a month
an the fans fell in love with him. I know it's only borough but he was a favourite there too
in no time from what Ive heard from borough fans I speak to on the ps4 like.
Mans got a great attitude to it's hard not to like him.

Re: BESIC

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:29:36 PM »

I don’t recall him being that much of a plodder
He carried the ball through midfield better than anyone we’ve had in years

IF FIT give him a run. Showed more heart than MS and could allow Siggy to press on. I think he could even play in defence. He needs games and is one player a good pre-season could help massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.