MSP Sports Capital

Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Ibraheim Said, Eddy Bosnar, Gilliam’s Pliesse, Anderson Silva, Scott Spenser, Simon Davies, Andy Van Der Meyde, Anthony Gardiner, Lucas Neill, Phillips Senderos, Joao Silva, Magaye Guye, Francisco Junior, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Koldrup, Franny Jeffers.
18 unequivocally gash signings out of 74 (I think), that’s without the debatable ones like Vellios, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

So while he undoubtably did get a fair few good ones, there was more than a dusting of stinkers to go with them.
Let’s not forget he also let Eric Dier & Mustaphi go too.

Lucas Neill was very good while here I thought.

Here we go
Screenshot_20230602_222819_Google.jpg

Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Ibraheim Said, Eddy Bosnar, Gilliam’s Pliesse, Anderson Silva, Scott Spenser, Simon Davies, Andy Van Der Meyde, Anthony Gardiner, Lucas Neill, Phillips Senderos, Joao Silva, Magaye Guye, Francisco Junior, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Koldrup, Franny Jeffers.
18 unequivocally gash signings out of 74 (I think), that’s without the debatable ones like Vellios, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

So while he undoubtably did get a fair few good ones, there was more than a dusting of stinkers to go with them.
Let’s not forget he also let Eric Dier & Mustaphi go too.
Bosnar, Plessis, Silva, Gueye, Junior were free/very low fee reserve signings if im not mistaken in the hope they could break through into the 1st team.

Senderos and Gardner were stop gap back up options.

Think including the above without context is harsh. Not all players are signed to walk straight into the 1st team.

The big question is and one i haven't seen anyone mention - is in a business weere the majority shareholder was writing blank cheques (if you know what i mean) to fund the club - how do MSP intend to fund our losses...........that's my concern to be honest.
Reducing the wage bill would be a good start, whether that's the playing staff or the non playing staff. I can't imagine we will still need the huge media/communications team of 100+ people promoting the 'good times' vibe and covering for the board much longer as an example.

Reducing the wage bill would be a good start, whether that's the playing staff or the non playing staff. I can't imagine we will still need the huge media/communications team of 100+ people promoting the 'good times' vibe and covering for the board much longer as an example.

….presume the likes of Dave Prentice is paid by the club and not funded directly by his puppet master, Kenwright.

Surely he needs to part of any cull given the spin of recent months.

Agreed mate, but goes without saying, that, that will be process though and not an event - as we've seen. In the meantime the club has losses to meet - be part of the answer but not the immediate answer given we need to climb down from annual real losses on £100 mill without player sales. Id like to know what their plan is.

The big question is and one i haven't seen anyone mention - is in a business weere the majority shareholder was writing blank cheques (if you know what i mean) to fund the club - how do MSP intend to fund our losses...........that's my concern to be honest.

There are going to be legitimate questions about working capital for the club, which is partially why I wondered if 777 would also come in to help with that aspect, but that now appears unlikely.

The longer term is improve business performance, maximise stadium, improve commercial deals. The short term is going to have to be selling players when big offers come in. I cant see a way around that.

As you say, you kind of hope that has been factored in.

I wonder if that Radcliffe bloke would cast his rheumy gaze our way of ManU go via the oil-gangsters route?
We don’t want him anywhere near us. Keeps pushing fracking, not for energy use but so he can keep producing cheap plastics. He’d have us sitting on a stinking Bramley Moore Moore dock with the Mersey even more full of dead fish and sh1te than it is now. We want a cuddly billionaire who has made their money from hugs and cuddles and fluffy things of joy.