MSP Sports Capital

So did Cahill, Baines and Arteta (with change left over) - does that put them I the same pot? Different times.
My point is some people see Moyes as having some sort of impeccable transfer record, all I’m saying is he made his fair share of howlers too, while most of that lot were cheap and / young, it’s set against (predominantly) his framing of not having a pot to urinate in. Besides they all needed paying too, it’s not just a transfer fee that the money gets wasted on. That list is close to ⅓ of all his signings, they’re just the abject failures, not even the marginal ones I referenced.
They were mostly punts or frees for backup. Yeah they needed paying but most (not all) of that list were on comparative buttons.

Moyes’ record wasn’t perfect, but that list was just a weird one. It would have carried much more weight if you’d limited it to Davies, Wright and van der Meyde, and thrown in a few others like Kroldrup or Beattie.

Net spend is by no means a perfect measure, but his was a little over £2m a season.

To have built the team he did on that budget was pretty incredible.

So did Cahill, Baines and Arteta (with change left over) - does that put them I the same pot? Different times.
My point is some people see Moyes as having some sort of impeccable transfer record, all I’m saying is he made his fair share of howlers too, while most of that lot were cheap and / young, it’s set against (predominantly) his framing of not having a pot to urinate in. Besides they all needed paying too, it’s not just a transfer fee that the money gets wasted on. That list is close to ⅓ of all his signings, they’re just the abject failures, not even the marginal ones I referenced.

Now do literally any other club.

You have to have a base rate, I'd say Moyes at Everton is one of the best examples of sustainable squad churn in the last 30 years.

and followed it up the next season with a 4th place finish 🤷‍♂️

I'm not suggesting he is some sort of God that got hounded out, but to pretend we weren't one of the top sides in the country during most of his tenure is a bit churlish at best.
He was good but be honest, we were top of the second tier because he never had the funds to put the finishing touches to it.