MSP Sports Capital

To be fair, Jeffers was nothing to do with Moyes. (but the overall point is correct)
Good old Bill!
Should have added that list or at least the % of bad v good is probably pretty average, maybe even above average for other teams, its just the good ones either stayed long enough & played frequently enough to become fan favourites, or were flogged on for decent money so it kind of papers over the rubbish ones. Especially during this period of being so skint that’s often referenced.

But we digress….. I do have a few concerns this MSP outfit will severely restrict any spending. Typical event on go from a billionaire who can’t run a bath and has more money than since to rich investors who I fear will be tighter then a gnats chuff.
Maybe Dyche will be the right fit for any period of austerity…. More shopping in Lidl as our competition shops in Harrods….

Good old Bill!
Should have added that list or at least the % of bad v good is probably pretty average, maybe even above average for other teams, its just the good ones either stayed long enough & played frequently enough to become fan favourites, or were flogged on for decent money so it kind of papers over the rubbish ones. Especially during this period of being so skint that’s often referenced.

But we digress….. I do have a few concerns this MSP outfit will severely restrict any spending. Typical event on go from a billionaire who can’t run a bath and has more money than since to rich investors who I fear will be tighter then a gnats chuff.
Maybe Dyche will be the right fit for any period of austerity…. More shopping in Lidl as our competition shops in Harrods….
We can’t spend due to FFP, there jobs easy as can be tbh, come in clear out the board get a more effective board in, increase commercial deals, boost revenue then sell for triple the price when the stadium built

Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Ibraheim Said, Eddy Bosnar, Gilliam’s Pliesse, Anderson Silva, Scott Spenser, Simon Davies, Andy Van Der Meyde, Anthony Gardiner, Lucas Neill, Phillips Senderos, Joao Silva, Magaye Guye, Francisco Junior, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Koldrup, Franny Jeffers.
18 unequivocally gash signings out of 74 (I think), that’s without the debatable ones like Vellios, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

So while he undoubtably did get a fair few good ones, there was more than a dusting of stinkers to go with them.
Let’s not forget he also let Eric Dier & Mustaphi go too.

Most of those barely cost anything though. He had the right idea at the time to build a core of players and then use young players and loanees/punts to supplement the gaps in the squad given we didn’t have enough money to buy 2 good players for every position.

Some of those players were literally brought in as emergency cover in positions on a free or loan. .

Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Ibraheim Said, Eddy Bosnar, Gilliam’s Pliesse, Anderson Silva, Scott Spenser, Simon Davies, Andy Van Der Meyde, Anthony Gardiner, Lucas Neill, Phillips Senderos, Joao Silva, Magaye Guye, Francisco Junior, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Koldrup, Franny Jeffers.
Not sure what point you’re trying to make, because I reckon that entire list cost less than Cenk Tosun.

18 unequivocally gash signings out of 74 (I think), that’s without the debatable ones like Vellios, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

So while he undoubtably did get a fair few good ones, there was more than a dusting of stinkers to go with them.
Let’s not forget he also let Eric Dier & Mustaphi go too.

They were young kids, for me Dier wax average and Mustaphi, awful. The rest of them were free or cheap as chips gambles. Piennar, Distin, Lescott Yakubu, Johnson, Cahill Arteta,, McBride, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Yobo, Radzinski, Heitinga, Mirallas, Donovan, loan, Howard, Nigel Martyn, Gravesend, Manuel Fernandes, loan, Saha, Fellini, Jelavic, Naismith, Stones. When Moyes spent money it was usually well spent.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make, because I reckon that entire list cost less than Cenk Tosun.
So did Cahill, Baines and Arteta (with change left over) - does that put them I the same pot? Different times.
My point is some people see Moyes as having some sort of impeccable transfer record, all I’m saying is he made his fair share of howlers too, while most of that lot were cheap and / young, it’s set against (predominantly) his framing of not having a pot to urinate in. Besides they all needed paying too, it’s not just a transfer fee that the money gets wasted on. That list is close to ⅓ of all his signings, they’re just the abject failures, not even the marginal ones I referenced.

They were young kids, for me Dier wax average and Mustaphi, awful. The rest of them were free or cheap as chips gambles. Piennar, Distin, Lescott Yakubu, Johnson, Cahill Arteta,, McBride, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Yobo, Radzinski, Heitinga, Mirallas, Donovan, loan, Howard, Nigel Martyn, Gravesend, Manuel Fernandes, loan, Saha, Fellini, Jelavic, Naismith, Stones. When Moyes spent money it was usually well spent.
Lost Rooney for United rejects ...undersold Rooney?...

We can’t spend due to FFP, there jobs easy as can be tbh, come in clear out the board get a more effective board in, increase commercial deals, boost revenue then sell for triple the price when the stadium built
Well supposedly there was money for transfers in the last couple windows so I’m not convinced the purse string were completely shut before.
Restricted for sure, compared to previous prodigious wastefulness.
Hope I’m wrong and they coming in full Todd Boehly (but with more acumen)