MSP Sports Capital

We finished one season 2 places above the relegation zone .....with DM ...... he was a good Manager, but failed everywhere else since leaving us ...... & remember he chose to leave us .....
and followed it up the next season with a 4th place finish 🤷‍♂️

I'm not suggesting he is some sort of God that got hounded out, but to pretend we weren't one of the top sides in the country during most of his tenure is a bit churlish at best.

and followed it up the next season with a 4th place finish 🤷‍♂️

I'm not suggesting he is some sort of God that got hounded out, but to pretend we weren't one of the top sides in the country during most of his tenure is a bit churlish at best.
He's an average Manager who did well for us - W Ham sacked him unfairly & fetched him back - even if they win that 2nd rate European trophy - I suspect they may sack him again on this year's league position ?

He's an average Manager who did well for us - W Ham sacked him unfairly & fetched him back - even if they win that 2nd rate European trophy - I suspect they may sack him again on this year's league position ?

Still think he worked miracles with the budget he had, zero, remember cash strapped Everton was our motto. We sold to buy every year, fair bit of the time we didn't buy at all.

Still think he worked miracles with the budget he had, zero, remember cash strapped Everton was our motto. We sold to buy every year, fair bit of the time we didn't buy at all.
Seem to recall back then there were often net spend tables posted and by and large our league position matched our spending.
We were cash strapped compared to who felt we should be competing with, (utd, them etc) but compared to our actual peers were were operating in the
same markets.
He was a good manager and the right one for us them but in hindsight the paupers tag doesn’t sit well with me and imho that kind of rhetoric lowered our aspirational bar to the point we find ourselves in.
For Moyes it was self aggrandising to proclaim being skint and up against it at little old Everton all the time. Did its job though an opened the door to Man U where he was promptly found out.

This could also mean kit suppliers changing to one of the American ones again when the Hummel deal runs out at the end of next season. Wouldn't mind Nike again as long as they don't give us a blatant template kit like they did last time.
Nike would not design a kit for us. We would be left with an identikit template used for 20 other European clubs

Yes and that money came from Philip Green, " a great friend of the club" Swimming with Sharks. Was that the price we had to pay for giving up Liverpool City to Liverpool FC.
Still, DM got funded, & he had no DOF to cramp his style either - he never made that many bad buys, but he did pay high for the likes of Billy etc .....

Still, DM got funded, & he had no DOF to cramp his style either - he never made that many bad buys, but he did pay high for the likes of Billy etc .....

So £13m in what 11 years, yeah mate have it you're way, I'll leave it there. Sold Lescott to Man City, very late on in transfer window for £22m, bought Billy £9m, Heitinga £6m and Distin £5m, sold to buy. Moyes was hardly ever funded.

Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Ibraheim Said, Eddy Bosnar, Gilliam’s Pliesse, Anderson Silva, Scott Spenser, Simon Davies, Andy Van Der Meyde, Anthony Gardiner, Lucas Neill, Phillips Senderos, Joao Silva, Magaye Guye, Francisco Junior, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Koldrup, Franny Jeffers.
18 unequivocally gash signings out of 74 (I think), that’s without the debatable ones like Vellios, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

So while he undoubtably did get a fair few good ones, there was more than a dusting of stinkers to go with them.
Let’s not forget he also let Eric Dier & Mustaphi go too.

Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Ibraheim Said, Eddy Bosnar, Gilliam’s Pliesse, Anderson Silva, Scott Spenser, Simon Davies, Andy Van Der Meyde, Anthony Gardiner, Lucas Neill, Phillips Senderos, Joao Silva, Magaye Guye, Francisco Junior, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Koldrup, Franny Jeffers.
18 unequivocally gash signings out of 74 (I think), that’s without the debatable ones like Vellios, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

So while he undoubtably did get a fair few good ones, there was more than a dusting of stinkers to go with them.
Let’s not forget he also let Eric Dier & Mustaphi go too.
To be fair, Jeffers was nothing to do with Moyes. (but the overall point is correct)