Moyes : "When it happens, it’s going to be big.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
Moyes still confident Moutinho will arrive at Everton
Monday 18 August 2008 - 17:05:08 - Click to post or view

Everton coach David Moyes is still insisting that some big names are going to arrive before the close of the transfer window, and not just one either!

“I’m not changing,” he said. “I’m only going to bring quality in. We haven’t got the money to go out and buy six £15m players. We don’t have that, so of course we are going to bring players in who are down at the lower end of the market. But - as I’ve always said - I’m looking to get the main (quality) players in first. Then we will look at what we do after that."

It was reported this morning that Everton have sent a new negotiating team over to Portugal to finally seal the deal for Moutinho, so it would seem that Everton have decided to meet Sporting Lisbon's valuation of the player, which is the only stumbling block.

Moyes sounded very confident when he said: “I’m sure some signings will happen this week. When it happens, it’s going to be big.”

http://footylatest.com/news/news.php?extend.1655

--- love closing statement there. Henry and Riquelme in before the window closes then?

“I’m sure some signings will happen this week. When it happens, it’s going to be big.”

According to the Echo those words were said by Arteta.

Can't trust that source. If you look on the OS he says the same thing except in a more defeated tone. I dont think there are going to be any wow signings to come in this window, just a few quality players like M'Bia and maybe some good squad players. Im just not looking to get my hopes up anymore.

I have a funny feeling that the Moutinho deal may indeed go through. Even if it doesn't happen by the end of the month, Moyes obviously rates him highly and will likely go for him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.