Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis, one could argue that Martinez getting his Wigan side relegated doesn't make him prem standard either. I've no idea what point I'm making, just figured i'd point that out :p.
Martinez was managing a team of worse players with a smaller budget. His team was cursed with injuries all season. He still managed to win the cup, something Moyes couldn't do, thrashing us along the way

Trust chico to come in here and upend all this riveting speculation and endless hackery with an excellent point. Boo to you, sir.

tips cap*

Honestly mate, he seems handsome enough for Everton with an excellent record and a mentality of his team chasing every ball from the front. I like that a lot. But his own fans really dislike him for some reason and he's a coach not a manager so it would mean the size of the job could possibly dwarf him. The new manager needs to control everything from the youth system to the scouting network. Is he really that man?

I think he's not a manager per se, but he has his connections no doubt.

This is not really proving anything, but look at Martinez' transfers over the years. Not a LOT of brilliant transfers in that, I reckon. Even without the money. I mean, we managed to get an unknown Irish right back for 150.000 a few years back, and how did that work out?

Just saying, Martinez is supposed to be the entire package, but his learning curve doesn't really impress me that much.

Truth be told: it's a massive gamble either way. Who would've expected 10 years ago this young fella would've turned out to become ManUtd manager?

Moyes-12-46a03.jpg

I just think it'd be best to make the big gamble now and go for Pereira, and correct it if necessary over time.

You're right in it being a big gamble. Unless he's shown he's capable of handling all aspects of the job then it leaves us with two plausible options - swerve him or hire him in a system he's comfortable with, in conjunction with a director of football. Which is another salary and not the system Everton pertain to.

Unless he's totally retarded, I'd say he could probably pick a player or two. Not to mention there'll be players he's aware of that we're not. His status as an ex Porto Coach/ Manager will also help in attracting players

You could have used the same argument with Mourinho and AVB, they haven't done that bad

Good point on Mourinho and AVB like but they both went to clubs with plenty of money so they had room to manoeuvre for transfers and dropping the ball a bit. Of which there's not similar room for error at Everton.

Martinez was managing a team of worse players with a smaller budget. His team was cursed with injuries all season. He still managed to win the cup, something Moyes couldn't do, thrashing us along the way

Neville trashed us in that game though. But he wasn't the only one. Just a bad day + Neville.

Moyes had many a team that was cursed with injuries, he failed miserably to get us relegated though ......

Back here in Belgium we had a goalie (Stijn Stijnen, ex-international some might know him) who went on his club's forum and praised himself anonymously into heaven, while criticizing his team mate goalie. That went on for quite a while.

Just saying, I'm suspecting Fazakerley Fan to be Roberto himself. Or his brother if he has one.

Just remember

"The good outnumber you, and we always will.”

Haha brilliant its still on mate obviously bill wanted to speak to martinez before gettin anyone in and bill didnt look to happy coming out of the hotel
article-2332687-1A0D5305000005DC-275_306x423.jpg
article-2332687-1A0D5324000005DC-85_306x423.jpg

Go Team Pereira!!! ;)

He likes Belgians, if that isn't enough for you I don't know what is! FFS Vitor Vitor VITOR!! It's fate :oops:

Vitor IN

and bring defour with you and maybe get lukaku aswell :)

You're right in it being a big gamble. Unless he's shown he's capable of handling all aspects of the job then it leaves us with two plausible options - swerve him or hire him in a system he's comfortable with, in conjunction with a director of football. Which is another salary and not the system Everton pertain to.

Good point on Mourinho and AVB like but they both went to clubs with plenty of money so they had room to manoeuvre for transfers and dropping the ball a bit. Of which there's not similar room for error at Everton.

Our systems are all in place though, and our targets were identified before Moyes left. All he needs to do is pick up the reins, he'll no doubt have some guidance from the backroom staff that's already there, and I'd dare say he's picked up a few things here and there along the way too. I don't think it's the big gamble and step up that you might think for him.

I also think his name will attract a better calibre of player, and he's more likely to know who's pretty handy and unheard of in the Portuguese and Spanish leagues. He'll also no doubt be aware of who Porto were lining up for next season too, a raid could be on to get in there first.

I think there are more positives than negatives, and he'll offer far more than Martinez would

Back here in Belgium we had a goalie (Stijn Stijnen, ex-international some might know him) who went on his club's forum and praised himself anonymously into heaven, while criticizing his team mate goalie. That went on for quite a while.

Just saying, I'm suspecting Fazakerley Fan to be Roberto himself. Or his brother if he has one.

I think you're onto something there :oops:

I think you're onto something there :oops:

Yes it would make sense maybe a redcoat

So basically, Chico, you're saying that Mourinho and AVB are doing an awful job and didn't have a clue until just now how to deal with things? I mean, seeing as they came to English football from exactly the same job - they should've been totally inept at managing.

The Director of Football doesn't do all the signings and everything. Things go through the manag... I mean, "coach" first. Don't you think it's ridiculous to think that a guy just signs players that he thinks could fit in the team and doesn't even consider the "coach"'s opinion on this? If Pereira says he wants to get someone - the director of football's job is to do that, or work in that direction. He doesn't do as he wishes, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.