Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All sing along now: Vi-itor Pereira

[video=youtube;FGIfE1SjLC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGIfE1SjLC0[/video]

This just sent me on a completely unwanted and unwarranted 20 minute Andrea Botchelli youtube binge. We best get Pereira now, or it was all for nothing.

...except for his scintillating vocal talents, of course.

He does speak English though. At least that's what I heard. Or are you a relative of his?

By the way, he just won a league title in Portugal. That's like the second hardest league in South-Western Europe.
By winning the league in Portugal in other words, he basically managed to beat Benfica. Congrats to him. That doesn't make him prem standard

This just sent me on a completely unwanted and unwarranted 20 minute Andrea Botchelli youtube binge. We best get Pereira now, or it was all for nothing.

...except for his scintillating vocal talents, of course.

You are welcome. Some didn't seem to like it, my 'reputation' has gone to Kopite all of a sudden. Bummer.

By winning the league in Portugal in other words, he basically managed to beat Benfica. Congrats to him. That doesn't make him prem standard

On that basis, one could argue that Martinez getting his Wigan side relegated doesn't make him prem standard either. I've no idea what point I'm making, just figured i'd point that out :p.

A question for those wanting Periera. He's a coach not a manager isn't he?

So on top of not showing any proficiency in English football he has no proof of being equipped for the identifying and recruitment of talented players who'll not only fit into our system but increase value over time. That's a pretty big part of a successful Everton manager's job.

I would love someone who's a proven success in a competitive league but appointing him would mean we'd have to hire a Director of Football too surely? Or it's going to be one hell of a learning curve for him having to take control of ALL aspects of the club, something he's never done before. A big risk.

So on top of not showing any proficiency in English football he has no proof of being equipped for the identifying and recruitment of talented players who'll not only fit into our system but increase value over time. That's a pretty big part of a successful Everton manager's job.

I would love someone who's a proven success in a competitive league but appointing him would mean we'd have to hire a Director of Football too surely? Or it's going to be one hell of a learning curve for him having to take control of ALL aspects of the club, something he's never done before. A big risk.

Trust chico to come in here and upend all this riveting speculation and endless hackery with an excellent point. Boo to you, sir.

I think he's not a manager per se, but he has his connections no doubt.

This is not really proving anything, but look at Martinez' transfers over the years. Not a LOT of brilliant transfers in that, I reckon. Even without the money. I mean, we managed to get an unknown Irish right back for 150.000 a few years back, and how did that work out?

Just saying, Martinez is supposed to be the entire package, but his learning curve doesn't really impress me that much.

Truth be told: it's a massive gamble either way. Who would've expected 10 years ago this young fella would've turned out to become ManUtd manager?

Moyes-12-46a03.jpg

I just think it'd be best to make the big gamble now and go for Pereira, and correct it if necessary over time.

Unless he's totally retarded, I'd say he could probably pick a player or two. Not to mention there'll be players he's aware of that we're not. His status as an ex Porto Coach/ Manager will also help in attracting players

You could have used the same argument with Mourinho and AVB, they haven't done that bad

Unless he's totally retarded, I'd say he could probably pick a player or two. Not to mention there'll be players he's aware of that we're not. His status as an ex Porto Coach/ Manager will also help in attracting players

He's a big fan of Defour. He's Belgian!

Defour is a pitbull. Sign him up.

And i think people dont no this but he is the one that identified jackson martinez and brought him in yes a director of football sorted out the fee and paper work but he done the rest himself

On that basis, one could argue that Martinez getting his Wigan side relegated doesn't make him prem standard either. I've no idea what point I'm making, just figured i'd point that out :p.
Martinez was managing a team of worse players with a smaller budget. His team was cursed with injuries all season. He still managed to win the cup, something Moyes couldn't do, thrashing us along the way

Status
Not open for further replies.