Moyes Plans Squad Improvement/We may find there's not as much spending as in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta10

Player Valuation: £10m
I was filled with a massive amount of excitement as i read the headline on the main page, wishfully expecting to read about the new Sheik who was going to buy us out and give Moyesie a transfer kitty to spend....
Yet the last line of the article seems to tell the story pretty much how it is, we have no money and i sadly think its going to be another summer of not much excitement
If we were to go another summer without any big name signings (even if we kept all of our current squad) would you really be looking forward to the new campaign?
Is it time to bring a manager in who can attract better quality players or is it simply the old problem of getting Bill to put his hand in his pocket?

Links would be useful, then people can make their judgement based on the information presented.

I was filled with a massive amount of excitement as i read the headline on the main page, wishfully expecting to read about the new Sheik who was going to buy us out and give Moyesie a transfer kitty to spend....
Yet the last line of the article seems to tell the story pretty much how it is, we have no money and i sadly think its going to be another summer of not much excitement
If we were to go another summer without any big name signings (even if we kept all of our current squad) would you really be looking forward to the new campaign?
Is it time to bring a manager in who can attract better quality players or is it simply the old problem of getting Bill to put his hand in his pocket?

Who exactly?

And bringing in a new manager wont mean more moeny. We should look and learn from Villa and Blackburn who got rid of established managers and find themselves in a relegation scrap.

Ditching Moyes would be suicide, we just need to hope he can pull a few more rabbits out of hats in the transfer market.

Why does this story mean we need a new manager?

And the bit about him saying there won't be much spending I took as him meaning in general. Like other clubs won't be spending.

I took nothing but positives from what he said. He realises some positions need sorting and will try and do it. Good man.

"We may find there is not as much spending as in the past."

FFS Moyesie...you must have a good memory.

Moyes needs to wise up.

He knows full well he can have £20 million to spend thanks to Bill and the board, if he can generate say £40 million in sales.

I expect more really cheap signings and frees. Although, I probably wouldn't be surprised if we brought in one big signing for 10 million. That's wishful thinking, but seriously we've spent nothing for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.