Moyes: No more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil Fawlty

Player Valuation: £35m
Everton boss David Moyes said the cash strapped club are unlikely to sign any more new players before the end of the transfer window.

Speaking after Everton's 2-0 victory against new A-League franchise Melbourne Heart - the Blues second consecutive victory on their three-match pre-season tour of Australia - Moyes confirmed his transfer business is over.

He has brought in former Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford on a free, French youth international Magaye Gueye and Portugese striker Joao Silva.

"There's no cash to sign any more players for the club for the time being so it's unlikely we will be bringing in any more new faces before the new season starts in August," Moyes said.

"But I feel we've got enough firepower up-front now with Jermaine Beckford adding to the competition we have for places and also providing the back-up we needed after last season."

Moyes believes he now has a stronger squad that at any stage since his arrival at Goodison Park in 2002.

England youth international midfielder Jack Rodwell is another young player Moyes expects will lift Everton to new heights in the future.

"It is the strongest squad I've ever had and it's not a coincidence," Moyes explained.

"Young people in whatever field they are involved in should be given a chance and there are not enough homegrown players in the Premier League."

As long as we keep everyone and not sell, i'm not bothered if we haven't signed anyone. Looks like any money we might of had has been put towards wages offered to Baines, Tets & Pienaar

This of course translates to ' I can't sign anyone until I get the wonga off City for ?????'. I never believe anything Moyes says in the press during a transfer window. Some things need to be held clost to your chest and away from the press.

At the end of last season most people said the most important thing was for us to tie down our existing players to new contracts. So far we have seen Rodwell, Cahill, Baines and Coleman extend, we just need Arteta and Pienaar to follow suit and i,ll be happy. Moyes has also talked about loans recently so id expect he might go down them lines before the window shuts. Cover for baines maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.