Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, its saying that your not looking at the big picture and are in danger of looking a fool. we know villa have financial problems, how much? i neither know nor care, we have them , of that, i do care. the difference? villa spent on improving the team(badly ,yes).we have them without seeing ANY progress. my point? we are the last ones who should laugh or point at other teams misfortunes.

How can the ignorant one who doesn't wish to know, say to someone who wants to know - that they're the fool?

Plus the rest of that sentence of yours doesn't even make sense.

Villa's supporters thinking they would Waltz Moyes out of Goodison, and with many (yourself included) thinking that this could happen are indicative of the self-loathing of one or two amongst our midst.

Just because what is happening elsewhere doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean it shouldn't be expressed.

Mr Damon I know your type, the one who thinks he knows every little detail of every little thing and refuses to accept another persons point of view. Due to another person having a different point of view you feel you have to continually repeat your point usually aided by capital letters or bold text in the hope that it will make people listen more.
;)

Great post....100% accurate. So you have this type in Birmingham as well, must be a national problem unfortunately. I blame the education system.

no, its saying that your not looking at the big picture and are in danger of looking a fool. we know villa have financial problems, how much? i neither know nor care, we have them , of that, i do care. the difference? villa spent on improving the team(badly ,yes).we have them without seeing ANY progress. my point? we are the last ones who should laugh or point at other teams misfortunes.

Are you saying that Everton have made no progress at all under moyes there mate. Cause we have made major progress since he came in

if ever someone had delusions of granduer, its you. just keep wallowing in your own self indulgence. in your world, its all that matters eh.

you really are full of yourself.i never said it was good business, i never said it was the way i wanted everton to go.
what i said was, while your on your high horse critisising villa for getting in so much debt, and saying we should be glad is not as bad. at least they spent money on players, however badly.
while we carry on taking loans against sky money, future gate reciepts, for what?
not players
not ground improvements

this is my point. i couldnt care how much debt they are in, just ours. and the reasons for such debt.

Look mate, we're in this situation whether you like or not, it ain't going away anytime soon, so no point getting your knickers in twist, getting angry and throwing insults at other posters. Chill out man.

Look mate, we're in this situation whether you like or not, it ain't going away anytime soon, so no point getting your knickers in twist, getting angry and throwing insults at other posters. Chill out man.

its difficult when someone refuses to see your point of view, yet bangs on with theirs. but i dont see where i threw insults about, i just pointed this out.

I think the point Matt is trying to make is...Villa are in a situation where they will struggle to recover from. The flip side argument is Everton are also in debt but the difference is that Everton's debt aren't as bad. If worst comes to worst...Everton can maybe sell a few players and erase their debt...but Villa can not do the same. What the money was spent on is irrelevant as his argument is purely based on debt that can be manageable (Everton) if need versus debt that is totally unmanageable (Villa). I actually agree with Matts point of view on this topic...and would never want Everton to try and show ambition by putting the club I love at risk into the future if things do not work out. Yes we are on our limit with debt...but we have a few players (assets) that can balance that debt out...Villa does not have that without selling every player...and there lies the difference in my opinion...as we will still have a team (assets) left...even tho it will probably be severly weakened.

Sirblue57 you mentioned...."i know the difference , the point is he gave/loaned/invested, WHATEVER".

There is a big difference. Being a loan means...I want the money back...else it would have been a grant/give. The thing is...a day will probably come when the money needs to be re-payed by Villa...as it was a loan. Most of that money was wasted...thus where are they going to get it from to pay it back as they didnt have much to show for it...almost like putting a match to 140million and setting fire to it as it didn't work out. Although I do not fully support or agree with our board...I feel that they have managed Everton in a responsible manner where debt is concerned...as debt should not be taken lightly in a business world...and football clubs are businesses like it or not.

Last edited:
I think the point Matt is trying to make is...Villa are in a situation where they will struggle to recover from. The flip side argument is Everton are also in debt but the difference is that Everton's debt aren't as bad. If worst comes to worst...Everton can maybe sell a few players and erase their debt...but Villa can not do the same. What the money was spent on is irrelevant as his argument is purely based on debt that can be manageable (Everton) if need versus debt that is totally unmanageable (Villa). I actually agree with Matts point of view on this topic...and would never want Everton to try and show ambition by putting the club I love at risk into the future if things do not work out. Yes we are on our limit with debt...but we have a few players (assets) that can balance that debt out...Villa does not have that without selling every player...and there lies the difference in my opinion...as we will still have a team (assets) left...even tho it will probably be severly weakened.

Sirblue57 you mentioned...."i know the difference , the point is he gave/loaned/invested, WHATEVER".

There is a big difference. Being a loan means...I want the money back...else it would have been a grant/give. The thing is...a day will probably come when the money needs to be re-payed by Villa...as it was a loan. Most of that money was wasted...thus where are they going to get it from to pay it back as they didnt have much to show for it...almost like putting a match to 140million and setting fire to it as it didn't work out. Although I do not fully support or agree with our board...I feel that they have managed Everton in a responsible manner where debt is concerned...as debt should not be taken lightly in a business world...and football clubs are businesses like it or not.
as i said, im not bothered about villa, it annoys me because they went into debt for players, we are still taking loans for ???
MD may be correct in his argument, thats not my concern. i would much rather people who know so much about the debt of clubs, would open the can of worms with OUR clubs debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.