Moyes fascination with Scottish players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, it's not exclusive to those two, and it's only been happening in a glut of late. Nevertheless, Moyes has never struck me as having a great network of contacts who he can turn to to unearth continental talent...and when he does it's like pulling teeth trying to get him to commit.

Everton were actually quite reknowned for having a rather extensive scouting network. It is less extensive now, which is when you think that the 'glut' of overseas talent is coming in. While not as extensive, it is more focused in areas that Moyes feels produces the talent that will suit us best.

Shows that Moyes is doing the right thing to me like.........

However, the likes of Gueye, Vellios, Junior and Mirallas suggest we do indeed have some form of mandated european scouting network. Or the most recent Football manager updates.
Repped for that last sentence. Haha.

same with wenger and french players, benitez and spanish players.....it's not like he has bought that many though...Mcfadden was highly rated and so is naismith

It's fashionable to have a Scottish player or two, even Real Madrid have one called Jack Harper

Agree with most points, but do people forget , and understandably so, that arteta (with the high regard he had with fans) was more than likely first scouted when he moved to Britain in the first instance (which was also playing with rangers) . Not that I'm adding weight to the Scottish fascination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.