Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
1mzjlv.jpg

Yeah we've moved on since Moyes left alright; we've got progressively worse! As for the 'he couldn't wait to jib us off' comments, he was here for 11 years, completing three full contracts staying much longer than most Premier League managers and had the longest managerial reign at Everton in over 50 years.

He's far from ideal, but the clamour for some aesthetically pleasing foreign bute that bores the hell out of you with ineffective boring LOSING football has utterly failed.

We don't have an abundance of options. The names mentioned are either unrealistic pipe dreams or unproven gobshites with worse records than Moyes.

We need organising. Our players cannot play in the manner Silva wants. Silva is unable to change his tactics to fit what he has. We need a manager who can correct the faultlines throughout the spine of our team.

I think Mina and Holgate and Keane would all benefit from playing to Moyes style and we'd be defensively more sound. Don't know what he'd do with our midfield though - I'm not sure that any manager could get more than a mid-table competent performance out of them. The attacking options should be able to perform satisfactorily given any half decent manager who allows them to be released quickly.

Moyes could get this team performing decently if unspectacularly in my opinion. I wouldn't want him back normally, but if there is no one available I'd take him back for the rest of the season. This is about the first time I have ever thought this. I wouldn't want to see Unsworth as a caretaker option for anything more than a few days (as is being suggested on this forum as a distinct possibility), and if we haven't done the background work, then I'd take Moyes for the time being. The only thing I am sure is that Silva has run his course now.

We need organising. Our players cannot play in the manner Silva wants. Silva is unable to change his tactics to fit what he has. We need a manager who can correct the faultlines throughout the spine of our team.

I think Mina and Holgate and Keane would all benefit from playing to Moyes style and we'd be defensively more sound. Don't know what he'd do with our midfield though - I'm not sure that any manager could get more than a mid-table competent performance out of them. The attacking options should be able to perform satisfactorily given any half decent manager who allows them to be released quickly.

Moyes could get this team performing decently if unspectacularly in my opinion. I wouldn't want him back normally, but if there is no one available I'd take him back for the rest of the season. This is about the first time I have ever thought this. I wouldn't want to see Unsworth as a caretaker option for anything more than a few days (as is being suggested on this forum as a distinct possibility), and if we haven't done the background work, then I'd take Moyes for the time being. The only thing I am sure is that Silva has run his course now.
He won’t do anything you mentioned...he is a piece from the scrap yard...

He won’t do anything you mentioned...he is a piece from the scrap yard...
Everton are a scrap yard at the moment. A badly run one. Maybe he is what is needed. This is the first time since from about 3 years before he left when I find myself considering him as a possibility. I'd have him over Silva. Unless they have a decent coach/ manager lined up already, then I'd have Moyes in now. I feel dirty just reading what I wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.