Moyes Appreciation Thread 02-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

Player Valuation: £60m
I know there's a ton of other Moyes threads but I think it's more than fitting that there should be one to thank the man for everything he's done over the past 11 years.

As a kid who grew up during the 90s I knew hardly anything but heartache when it came to Everton, we were truly awful, a complete laughing stock on the school playground. Moyes transformed that, we go into almost every game thinking we can get something now.

It'll be gut wrenching to see him at Goodison on Sunday as an Everton manager for the final time. I'm sure he'll get the send off he deserves, it's just a shame he couldn't fulfill his ambitions here.

Thanks for everything Dave, wish you every success in the future.

Left us in a much better place than he found us which is the big test.

Thanks Moyes for 11 years of fine service. Achieving 4th with a relegation threatened team minus their best player is still one of the best pieces of management I've ever seen at any club.

As a kid who grew up during the 90s I knew hardly anything but heartache when it came to Everton

Heartache? Really?

Some perspective wouldn't go amiss:

fa-cup-1995.jpg

Anyway....

Your time at the club may not be seen as a great success compared with the title wins of the 80s, but you brought stability and European football to a club who had previously been relegation favourites.

A very difficult job which you performed better than any of us probably expected. All the best at United.

david-moyes-new-620-646219722.jpg

Heartache? Really?

Some perspective wouldn't go amiss:

fa-cup-1995.jpg

Had crossed my mind, but I was unlucky enough to start following us properly the year after that. Know pretty much every detail of 95/96, barely a memory of the cup win.

Davey thanks for some great work 2002 to 2011. You put in a great shift at the club and I'm truly appreciative of those first 9 years. I think we both knew then time was up. Please do the right thing now and speak of us with respect.

P.s Thanks also for taking Sir Red Nose off our TV screens.

Had crossed my mind, but I was unlucky enough to start following us properly the year after that. Know pretty much every detail of 95/96, barely a memory of the cup win.

Fair enough, mate. For the 90's weren't all bad...we had some good times in the league as well, some nice victories.

But otherwise agree with you and everyone else here: Moyes helped us move up a level from the 90's, and kept us consistently best of the rest, which not many of the merry-go-round managers would have been able to achieve.

Cheers David, and best of luck at Man Utd!

Thank you and good luck.
Took us from relegation candidates to regularly competing for the European places on a severe budget. Never going to agree with everything a manager does, in terms of tactics and players bought, but the positives well outweighed the negatives.

David Moyes has done a great job for Everton football club and I will always be grateful for the credibility he gave back to Evertonians.

I am sorry he is leaving but sometimes a change is needed for both parties.

I won't wish him good luck, he has already had enough of that with this appointment, and as a blue i certainly do not want to see Man United prospering because of his management.

Thank you for all you have done, now clear your locker and don't let the door hit you on the way out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.