Most spineless set of players ever to wear the shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very rare I feel the need to start a thread, but the question is simple.

I am sure the manager as usual will take lots of stick and rightly so as he is an actual embarrassment as a manager of this club.

However, this squad of players to me is as spineless and devoid of anything I think I have ever witnessed.

Anybody concur?

I have to agree...I've seen worse Everton teams over the years but never seen a team care less than this shower

Totally agree. Just watching that second goal was a list of errors. Coleman get goal side and protect Pickford. Williams and Keane if you’re marking zonally then attack the ball. If you’re man marking stop him from having an easy run at it. Actually laughable

Also, just every little 50/50 or issue the burnley players were so much more physical and looked like they were up for it. Keane and Williams being barged off the ball far far too easily.

Yep, definitely. There was a point in the first half, Seamus taking a throw-in, when Allardyce could be heard shouting "Gylfi, Gana, help him out...". If your central midfielders don't want the ball you don't really have much of a chance of winning.
That says it all really

You have to wonder just what will be the low point before things turn, if they turn at all, and how much more humiliation and embarrassment is in store, like playing City for example.

The thing is there seems to be no clear fix, but yes get Allardyce and Walsh out immediately.

Not forgetting Koeman either, thats his defence playing like bullied playground kids.

It was never going to end well appointing Fat Sam

Sadly though, he isn't the only problem.

The rot set in with Martinez for me after his first season, maybe some of these players think they are better than what they are.

When he left, Koeman got a bit of a reaction, but not for the whole season.

This is 3 1/2 seasons out of 4 that we have looked totally spineless and can only raise the game very occasionally.

Awful, awful set of players and sadly a mass clear out needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.